Stremio is a video media player that allows its users to enjoy video content like movies, shows, and a range of others across many different sources. Just like other media powerhouses like Kodi, Stremio gives you the key to unlimited treasure of interesting things to watch. One thing that doubles the fun on this platform is that it allows the installation of 3rd party addons for streaming, just like Kodi. But there are a few things that separate it from Kodi and others like – Stremio is much easier to use than Kodi, and the addons that you install are added to your online account within Stremio rather than on the device. With this feature, it is easy to access the addons on any device using the app. It helps in saving memory when you are using low space devices like Firestick and most of the Android TV Boxes.
You can stop buffering on firestick
by installing the Stremio.Let’s get down to all the steps you need to follow for successfully installing Stremio on Firestick device. IMPORTANT – While streaming free video other content like movies and TV shows from applications like Stremio and Kodi, you should always use a VPN for security and hiding your identity.
How To Install Stremio On Firestick Before you go for installing Stremio on Firestick, you must first enable Unknown Sources on your Firestick. This is how you can do it –
Now, you have successfully enabled the Unknown Sources and you’re all set for installing Stremio on Firestick now. Here’s your list of steps to follow –
- Go to the home screen of Firestick. Open the “Settings” option from the menu.
- Hover over to the right and select the “My Fire TV” option. (Click on Device if you use the older version)
- From the set of different options that pop up in front of you, click on “Developer Options”.
- Now, click on “Apps from Unknown Sources”. Select “Turn on” from the warning window appears.
- Go back to the home screen tap on the search icon. There, type “Downloader” and click on Downloader word under the keyboard. This is a sideloading tool for Firestick which you need in order to download Stremio.
- Once downloaded, click on “Open” to launch the app. And click “Allow” on the permissions.
- Moving ahead, go to the browser on the left side.
- In the address bar, enter the URL – https://www.stremio.com/. Click on GO.
- Let the Stremio website appear. Now, from the top menu option, click on “Downloads”. If you can’t see any option of downloads from the top menu, click on the Hamburger icon in the right corner and then choose downloads from there.
- Scroll down to the Android section and click on the link which says “ARM APK”.
- Once you click on that apk option, the download will begin. Wait till it gets completed.
- Once the download is over, an “Instructions menu” will appear. Scroll to the end of the page and click on “Install” at the bottom.
- The installation will only take about a minute or so.
- You’ll see the “App Installed” tab. Here’s where it gets a bit tricky. Don’t click on “Open”. Click on “Done”.
- You’ll be headed back to the downloader. Click on “Delete” on the window.
- Confirm by clicking “Delete” again.
- That’s it! The installation is done, you can enjoy the app now.
Overview Stremio offers such a huge catalog of content to watch from with the least of efforts in a trouble-free manner so that all you do is just enjoy your movie-time with the most comfort. Though it is not as versatile as Kodi, it is a lot simpler and straightforward as compared to the other platforms of its domain. The fact that addons are installed online gives you a perfect hand by eliminating the need for high storage spaces. All these make Stremio one of the best options for you if you are thinking of an application to spend time with.