Before you start using Safari tab groups:
- Update device to iOS 15, iPadOS 15, Also macOS Monterey.. Currently, these are in developer beta.
- Tab groups are automatically synced across multiple Apple devices. So if you create a tab group in Mac Safari, it will sync on your iPhone and vice versa.
With the latest update, Safari on iPhone, iPad, and Mac has a tab group feature that makes it easy to manage multiple tabs. This is useful when you are investigating multiple things, or just want to keep things organized. We’ll take a closer look at it and show you how to use tab groups in Safari on iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey.
- 1 How to use tab groups on Safari iPhone and iPad
- 1.1 How to redesign the search bar on iPhone
- 1.2 Create a tab group in Safari on iPhone
- 1.3 Add or move Safari tabs to another tab group
- 1.4 How to place Safari tabs in iOS 15 tab group
- 1.5 How to close all tabs in a tab group
- 1.6 Steps to rename Safari tab groups on iPhone
- 1.7 How to delete tab groups in Safari on iPhone
- 2 How to group Safari tabs on Mac
How to use tab groups on Safari iPhone and iPad
How to redesign the search bar on iPhone
Apple has placed the tab bar at the bottom for simplicity, but some users find the change frustrating. So the tech giant has put the choice in your hands. With iOS 15 Beta 6, you can easily switch between the location and design of the address bar.
Method is as follows
- Release Safari Tap aA Search bar icon.
- Tap Show top address bar..
Note: If you want to change the layout again, repeat step 1 to select it.Shows the tab bar at the bottom.
You can also switch between the tab bar and a single tap Settings → Safari → Tab Select one of them.
Create a tab group in Safari on iPhone
- Launch a new Safari and tap Two square icons..
You can also swipe up from the redesigned bottom address bar.
- Tap Start page, 1 tab Also [number] tab..
- Tap New empty tab group Create a tab group (Safari start page) with one empty tab.
You can open it later or add tabs.
- Tap New tab group from [number] tab Create a tab group that contains all currently open Safari tabs.
- Give the tab group the desired name and tap it all right..
Tips: Swipe left or right at the bottom address bar to switch between different group tabs (web pages).
Add or move Safari tabs to another tab group
- In Safari, Two square icons Swipe up at the bottom right or from the address bar.
All open tabs are displayed as thumbnails.
- Press and hold the thumbnail and tap Go to tab group..
- Tap Existing tab Group name to add this web page to this tab group.
[スタートページ]If you select, this tab will no longer be grouped.
How to place Safari tabs in iOS 15 tab group
- Tap Two square icons From the bottom right of Safari.
- Touch and hold a thumbnail on the tab.
- Choose Place tabs by title Also Place tabs for each website..
How to close all tabs in a tab group
- Make sure one of the tabs in the tab group is open in Safari.
- Long press Two square icons And select Close all [number] tab..
- Moreover: You can also tap the two square icons or swipe up from the address bar.Then press and hold the end Tap Close all [number] tab..
- Moreover: Tap the two square icons to see thumbnails of all tabs.Press and hold a thumbnail to select it Close other tabs.. All tabs in the tab group except this are closed.
Steps to rename Safari tab groups on iPhone
- Tap Two square icons From the bottom right of Safari.
- Tap the one written in the center of the address bar to display the tab group.
- Press and hold the tab group, Rename.. Alternatively, swipe the tab group name from right to left to Edit icon (Pencil icon).
- Give it a name and tap all right..
How to delete tab groups in Safari on iPhone
- Tap Two square icons It’s in the bottom right corner of Safari.
- Tap the text in the center of the address bar.
- Press and hold a tab group and tap erase.. Or swipe from right to left and Red trash icon..
- important: Deleting a tab group closes all open tabs immediately.
How to group Safari tabs on Mac
Create a tab group in Safari on Mac
- Launch a new Safari[サイドバーアイコン 左上にあります。
- クリック 新しい空のタブグループ。
- いくつかのタブを開いている場合は、をクリックします 新しいタブグループ [number] tab..
How to rename tab groups in Safari on Mac
- click Sidebar icon Located in the upper left corner of Safari.
- Right-click on the desired tab group and Rename..
- Enter a new name of your choice.
This allows you to organize and label tab groups.
How to move Safari tabs from one tab group to another on Mac
- Right click on the tab Go to tab group..
- Then select one of the other tab groups.
- [スタートページ]Select to go to a standard tab where the tabs are not grouped.
Sort tab groups in Safari on Mac
- click Sidebar icon Display tab groups from the upper left.
- Click, hold, and drag one of the tab groups up or down to the desired location.
Show all tabs in a tab group on the Mac grid
Want to know how to show all the tabs in a group in grid view? Method is as follows.
- click Sidebar icon A tab group is displayed in the upper left.
- Right-click on one of the tab groups and View tab summary..
- Or click Grid icon (4 small squares).
How to delete tab groups on Mac
- click Sidebar icon From the top left of Safari.
- Right-click on the tab group and erase..
- important: Closes all open tabs in this group as well.
This is how to use tab groups in Safari on different Apple devices with the latest version of each operating system. We hope you find this guide useful. Now you can use this new feature without any problems. If you need further support, please contact me in the comments section.
Other exciting new posts