Are you overwhelmed by the many messages and notifications on Steam? Or do you want to sneak in one or two Rainbow Six Siege games between jobs? Well, we have the perfect solution for you. See Steam’s online status options. Steam has great controls that you can use to view it offline or make it invisible to others. This article described how to view offline in Steam’s desktop and mobile apps.
View offline on Steam (2022)
Steam status option meaning
Before proceeding to the steps for viewing offline, let’s review the available status options and what they mean.
- online – You are online on Steam and your friends will see your online status. The name is displayed in blue when online and green when in-game.
- To that (Orange) – Marks the status as absent. Usually used when moving away from the keyboard. You can also access the chat in away mode.
- can not see – Hidden mode allows you to access all chat features while showing them offline to your friends.
- off-line – Displayed offline on Steam. If you set the status to offline, you will not receive any new messages or notifications.
How to view offline on your Steam desktop
1. Open the Steam desktop app Click “Friends” Menu from the upper left corner of the app.
2. From the currently displayed drop-down list, you can select from “Away”, “Hide”, and “Offline”.
3. Another place where you have the option to change your Steam online status is in the lower right corner.All you have to do Click “Chat with friends”..
4. When the chat panel appears, click the down arrow next to your username to expand your online status options.
5. Select “Offline” or “Hide” to go offline on Steam.
6. As mentioned above, if you select the “Offline” status, you will not see any new messages. You will need to sign in to the chat again using the Sign In button.
View offline on Steam Mobile (Android and iOS)
1. Open the Steam app and click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner. Select “Take offline” from the sidebar to display it offline on your mobile phone.
2. If you are using the latest Steam chat app instead, tap the hamburger menu and[非表示]Select to hide Steam’s online status.
Q: What is the difference between offline and hidden on Steam?
Steam offline status will log out of chat and you will not be notified of new messages. Hidden status on Steam, on the other hand, allows you to chat with your gamemates while you’re offline.
Q: Can my friends see me if I don’t see them on Steam?
No, your friends won’t see what you’re playing when you’re on your online list or not on Steam.
Q: How long can Steam stay in offline mode?
Steam allows you to stay in offline mode indefinitely. However, unless you use hidden mode, you will need to sign in to see new messages.
Easily hide your online status on Steam
Hiding online status on Steam is ideal for players who aren’t interested in multiplayer games and want to play games at their own pace and peacefully. On the other hand, if you often rely on Steam to play the game, play the Steam game on your Chromebook, play the Steam game on your Android TV, and check out the guides for getting the app on different platforms. Remember that.