The usefulness of Android smartwatches has always been controversial.However, Google’s latest Wear OS3 The release has finally turned the tide and made Android smartwatches once again appealing to users. With many improvements to some watches, Wear OS 3 is set to revolutionize the Android smartwatch ecosystem. If you recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 running Wear OS 3, you’ll love the improvements already deployed in the form of new apps.After announcing a while ago, Spotify finally Added support for offline playback on smartwatches running Wear OS 3.. So if you’re using a Wear OS 3 compatible smartwatch right now, we’ll show you how to download songs to your watch and use Spotify offline.
- 1 Download music for offline playback on Wear OS 3 watch Spotify (2021)
- 1.1 Requirements for running Spotify offline
- 1.2 Use Spotify Offline on Wear OS 3 Watch
- 1.3 Remove Spotify offline songs from Wear OS 3 watch
- 2 Take music offline with Spotify on Wear OS 3
Download music for offline playback on Wear OS 3 watch Spotify (2021)
Before we go any further, there are some requirements that must be met in order to use Spotify offline on your smartwatch. However, if you already know what they are, use the table below to jump to the actual process.
Requirements for running Spotify offline
Before using Spotify offline, there are some requirements that your watch and app must meet. These requirements are as follows:
1. Compatible WearOS 3 smartwatch
Wear OS 3 is Google’s latest Android operating system for smartwatches and will be rolled out to some watches in the coming weeks. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic are the only smartwatches on the market that are ready to run Wear OS 3. Other than that, the Fossil watches listed below have been confirmed to receive updates shortly. Therefore, to use Spotify offline on Wear OS 3, you need one of the following smartwatches:
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic
- Fossil Gen 6 smartwatch (2022)
- Mobvoi TicWatch E3
- Michael Kors 6th Generation Blood Show
- Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 3 GPS
- Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 3 Cellular / LTE
Google also said in a blog post that new app experiences and security upgrades will be made even if the Wear OS 2 smartwatch hasn’t had a major upgrade. If you are a Galaxy Watch 4 owner like us, keep reading below for other requirements for using Spotify offline.
2. Spotify Premium Membership
As with Wear OS 3, this is also required. You need a Spotify premium membership to download albums and playlists for offline listening on your smartwatch. If you’re a free Spotify user, you’ll see a download button, but unfortunately tapping it doesn’t do anything. Therefore, if you haven’t purchased a Spotify membership yet, get a subscription plan starting at $ 9.99 per month. Alternatively, you can wait for the next Spotify HiFi plan to get lossless audio support like Apple Music.
3. Spotify paired with your smartwatch
It’s easy to pair Spotify with your Wear OS 3 smartwatch and listen offline. Simply install the app on your watch from the Play Store, go to your Spotify pair from your main device and get the code you want to enter. When complete, Spotify on your Wear OS 3 watch will be paired with your smartphone. Also, make sure your smartwatch remains connected to the internet.
Use Spotify Offline on Wear OS 3 Watch
How to download playlists and entire albums
Now that you’re ready, let’s dive into the real process and learn how to download songs for offline playback on Wear OS 3 Spotify. Follow the steps below to set it up immediately.
1. With the watch and app already paired with your smartphone Spotify app For your smartwatch. The screen below is displayed.
2. Swipe left Go to the menu below on the clock screen.
3.3. Select a playlist or album I want to download it. The library is retrieved from your mobile phone, so you’ll see all of its playlists or albums.
4. Tap “”Download to watchClick the’button to start downloading the songs in the playlist immediately.
The Spotify offline download process is very fast and should be completed in minutes. Songs will only be downloaded if your watch is connected to your mobile phone and the internet. Also, please note that smartwatch speakers are not currently available for offline playback on Spotify. To listen to your favorite tracks from your wrist, you need to connect your Wear OS 3 watch to one of the best wireless headphones.
How to Download a Specific Podcast Episode
Downloading podcast episodes follows the same process. To listen to podcasts on Spotify while you’re offline, on the subway, or hiking, follow these steps:
1. With the watch and app paired with your smartphone Spotify app On your watch. The following screen will be displayed.
2. Swipe left Go to the list of podcasts on your watch screen.
3. Select the podcast you want to download and you’ll see a list of episodes.
4. Then tap and select a particular episode to open that page with other details.Now tap’Download to watchClick the’button to start downloading the episode.
Remove Spotify offline songs from Wear OS 3 watch
If your smartwatch is stuck in memory or you need to delete a playlist, you can easily delete it. However, keep in mind that if you remove these offline tracks or podcast episodes, you won’t be able to listen to them offline on Spotify on your Wear OS 3 watch. If you still want to continue, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Spotify app on your smartwatch. Swipe left Go to the main menu on the clock screen.
2. Tap download View all playlists and albums available offline on your Android smartwatch.
4. Tap to select the playlist or podcast you want to delete.
5. Then tap “”Remove from watchTop’option Free up space on your smartwatch.
And you are all ready. The selected songs and episodes will be deleted and your valuable storage space will be restored. If you want to listen again offline, please follow the steps above to re-download.
Take music offline with Spotify on Wear OS 3
Wear OS 3 is currently limited to some smartwatches, but will be rolled out little by little as new models emerge. If you don’t need the latest Spotify update, or just can’t wait The best smartwatch I’m still waiting for you there. With the recent launch of Mi Smart Band 6 globally and in India, smart band owners will also be pleased. Do you need help with any of the steps? Please let us know in the comments below.