Thanks to the massive Minecraft 1.18 world and its diverse mobs, finding rare loot is one of the most important assets to survive in this sandbox game. Of all these plunders, one of the rarest is the buried treasure. Similar to the story of pirates, this can be found buried deep underground. This is only if you know how to use Buried Treasure Maps in Minecraft. So that’s what we cover today. From using the map to getting the most out of it, your guide has everything you need to know about Minecraft Buried Treasure Maps. That said, build a Minecraft boat and get ready for this adventure!
Using Minecraft Treasure Maps: Detailed Guide (2022)
There is already a detailed guide on the website to help you find your treasure in Minecraft. You can use this guide to dig deeper into your treasure hunt. But if the treasure map is your only interest, keep reading!
How does the Minecraft treasure map work?
Like any other in-game map, the Minecraft treasure map shows:
- Player’s current location
- Buried treasure location
- Biomes around the treasure
Therefore, if you know how to read the indicators on the map, the journey to the buried treasure is easy.
Functionally, the map has a real direction. The top and bottom are north and south, respectively. On the other hand, the left side of the map is west and the right side is east. Then, as you can see in the GIF above, A white circular mark at the bottom left indicating the current position.. Lastly, “X” marked with a red crossAnd it’s a treasure trove buried in your Minecraft world.
Understand your location on the map
To use maps in Minecraft or the real world, you need to know where you are with respect to the map. More importantly, you need to know which direction you are facing. If you are using the Java edition, you can: Press the “F3” key Open the information panel with your keyboard. From the left panel you can find the direction you are facing here.
If you are using the Bedrock edition, there is no way to display the information panel.You can try Move in a random direction Until the player indicator moves and faces the treasure on the Minecraft treasure map. Alternatively, you can use sunrise and sunset to determine the direction. In the world of Minecraft, the sun rises from the east and sets to the west.
Understand the location of treasures on the map
As you know, the treasures on the map are marked with a red cross (X). We also know that the four sides of the map indicate the actual direction. So now you just need to find the geographical location of the X mark with respect to your location.
In the screenshot above, the X mark on the Buried Treasure map is In the northeast direction From the current location in the Minecraft world. So north and east are the directions I need to go.
Go to the treasure location on the Minecraft map
Now that you know the basics, use the map to reach the X mark and dig up the buried treasure. To easily reach the spot using the Minecraft treasure map, follow these steps:
1. There are two directions for buried treasure (in this case), so first You need to move in one of these directions.. As soon as you move in the right direction, the map will start displaying the surrounding biomes. Check out the screenshot below to see how it works.
2. Next, when it becomes parallel to the X mark on one side, It’s time to move in the second direction.. Under the right circumstances, the white circular marker (your position) should move towards X, revealing the remaining biomes on the map. Continue until the player indicator is above the X mark.
3. Finally, dig deeper on and around X. In most cases, the treasure is buried under the beach or underwater. However, in rare cases, it may be on the side of a hill or under the seabed. Now, once you find the treasure, you can plunder your chest and easily collect rare plunders.
Find and use Buried Treasure Maps in Minecraft
And just like that, you’ll be the next pirate and ready to use all the treasure maps of Minecraft. And if revealing secrets is what you really like, the new Deep Dark Biome in Minecraft 1.19 will surely impress you. However, be sure to dress up your parts with one of the coolest Minecraft skins. However, if you have problems with your boat when looking for buried treasure, feel free to contact us with the comments below. Someone on our team will help you on this exploration journey.