Talking to multiple people individually can be a hassle, especially when it comes to coordinating with teams, friends, or family for special projects. iPhone iMessage Group Chat allows users to send a single message to multiple contacts without having to install a third-party application.
If you don’t know how to create a group chat on your iPhone using iMessage groups, relax. This comprehensive guide is for you! But before we get started, let’s take a look at the types of group chat on the iPhone.
Types of group chat on iPhone and iPad
There are three types of group chats you can create on your iPhone:
- iMessage group chat: You can create iMessage group chats only if you and all other group members own an Apple device with group settings enabled.To do this, go to Settings → message → Switch on Group messaging..
Such messages are displayed in blue text bubbles and require an internet connection to be used and are sent via Apple.
With iMessage, you can:
- Send and receive great message effects, photos, videos, and audio messages.
- Rename and photo the group, add or remove users from the group, mute notifications and leave the group.
- Share your name and photo as well as your location.
- MMS Group Chat: MMS group chats are created when one of the group members doesn’t have an Apple device. Such messages are displayed in green text bubbles and are sent through your mobile operator. They do not need an internet connection.
Note: To create an MMS group chat, go to the following URL: Settings → message → Switch on MMS messaging..
With MMS groups, you can:
- Send and receive photos and videos.
- Mute the notification.
- SMS Group Chat: SMS group chat is similar to MMS group and messages are also displayed with green text bubbles. These messages are also sent through your mobile carrier and do not require an internet connection to use. You can only send text in such groups.
Note: The Messages app will automatically create a group chat based on your iPhone settings.
Next, let’s create a group chat by following the steps below.
How to create a group chat on your iPhone
- Open message..
- Tap Composition It is in the upper right.
- you can type Contact name or tap + Add from contacts.
- Then enter the text Subject field Tap send icon.
that’s all! You have successfully started a group conversation on your iPhone or iPad.
How to add someone to a group chat on iOS
- Open a group chat with message..
- Tap Small arrow Under the group name.
- Now tap information..
- strike Add contact..
- type Contact name or tap + It’s on the right side of adding members from contacts.
- Once selected, tap end..
- Finally, tap end..
Now that the group has been created, it’s a good idea to customize it. Let’s take a look at the different options for customizing group chat.
Customize group chat on iPhone
Once you’ve created a group and added all the members, you can customize the group chat with specific changes.
Note: You can only customize iMessage group chat.
Add or change the group name and photo.
- Open a group chat with a message.
- Tap Small arrow Tap under the group name information..
- Then tap Change name and photo..
- Change group name Choose from a variety of emojis or emojis, Group photo..
Note: You can also capture photos and select from your library. You can also choose from eight different styles.
- When you’re done, tap end..
- Then tap end confirm one more time.
- strike end Exit the tab again.
Mute group chat.
- Under the group name, tap Small arrow Display the icon.
- select information..
- Switch on Hide alerts..
Now, if someone in the group chat sends a message, you won’t get a notification.NS Unmute Group chat, follow the same steps to switch off Hide alerts..
End the group chat.
- Tap again information Under the group name.
- Then scroll to the bottom and tap Leave this conversation..
- Tap Leave this conversation confirm one more time.
Note: If you create a group with just two people, you cannot leave the group.
How to remove contacts from iPhone group chat
- Tap the arrow below the group name to information..
- now, slide The name of a particular contact left..
- Tap delete..
- Finally, tap delete confirm one more time.
Note: If you create a group of two people, neither of them can be deleted.
Additional Information: As a result of group conversations, you may have less storage than before due to the various media you receive in group chats. Be sure to check out the article on how to remove images and videos from the Messages app.
This is a way to create a group chat, add or remove members, and customize it to improve the chat experience without a third party application.
Want to do more than chat? Check out these cool iMessage apps that you can try with your group members.