Google Photos added the Memories widget to iOS last year. The software giant is finally bringing similar widgets to Android. If Google Photos is a good app for storing photos and videos, here’s how to look back on your precious memories from your smartphone’s home screen. This article describes how to use the Google Photos Memory widget on Android and iOS.
- 1 Use the Google Photos Widget on Android and iOS
- 2 Relive your life with the Google Photos Widget
Use the Google Photos Widget on Android and iOS
The Google Photos Memories widget is widely available on iOS. However, on Android, this feature is being rolled out in stages. This feature is published on my side in Google Photos version # 184.108.40.2067241369. If you don’t see it yet, you may have to wait for Google to make this feature widely available. To keep it out of the way, here’s how to use the Google Photos Memories widget.
Add Google Photos Memory Widget to Android Home Screen
Note: This tutorial uses a Pixel 3 XL running Android 12 Beta 3. I also tried the memory widget on OnePlus Nord running Android 11, so I don’t need to use Android 12 for this feature.
1. Press and hold anywhere on the home screen Tap “Widget” From the pop-up that appears.
2. When the widget picker panel is displayed,[写真]Scroll down until you find Google Photos New “Your Memories” Widget.. If you’re using Android 12, you can also use the search bar to quickly access the Google Photos Memories widget.
3. Press the widget and drag it to the home screen.If you are logged in with multiple Google accounts on your mobile phone, the widget will request: Select the account you want to use for the “Your Memories” feature.. Here you need to select an account that has all your cloud media backups.
4. Then you can resize the Google Photos memory widget to the size of your choice. For reference, I’ve added all possible sizes of the widget below. In particular, as you can see here, each memory shows the date above the image.
4. Tap the memory widget to go to Google Photos to view the image. When you open the image, the widget updates to show the new image from the camera roll.
Add Google Photos Memory Widget to iOS Home Screen
1. Press and hold the iPhone home screen Tap the “+” icon Appears in the upper left corner of the screen to access the widget picker.
2. Scroll down until you find the Google Photos widget or use the search bar to find the widget. Press the “Add Widget” button Add the Google Photos Memories widget to your iPhone.
3. Now, the memories of Google Photos will be displayed on the home screen of your mobile phone.
Manage what’s displayed in the Google Photos memory widget
It’s important to know here that you can manage what’s displayed in memory from your Google Photos account. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open Google Photos, tap your profile picture in the upper right corner, Select “Photo Settings”..[設定]On the page, tap “memory”..
2. At the bottom, you will see options to control notifications. Here you can choose to turn notifications on or off, such as last year’s memories or thematic memories.
3. Then you can select all the featured memories to display in the widget. These are the memories that appear at the top of the app’s home screen. Google Photos[思い出]Sections can include past memories, recent highlights, and thematic memories.
4. You also have the following options Control the type of work to be displayed In my mind. This includes animations, movie photos, collages and more.
5. If you want to hide images in a specific date range, you can: [日付を非表示]Tap With the memory settings page Please select a start date and an end date.. As you can see, not all photos captured on these dates will appear in the memory widget. To hide a particular person from your Google Photos memories, check out the next section.
Hide someone from your Google Photos memories
Sometimes you don’t want to remember a particular person. You can delete all of these images, but not everyone wants to. If you want to keep old images but don’t want to remember someone, such as your ex-partner or pet, you can choose to hide them from your Google Photos memories. Method is as follows.
1.[メモリ]From the settings page Tap “Hide people and pets”..
2. Now you can see all the faces that Google Photos has detected in the image gallery so far.All you have to do now Tap a person’s face to hide it from memories.. After hiding their faces, you won’t see them in memories, creations, and your search results.
Relive your life with the Google Photos Widget
This concludes our guide to using the Google Photos Memory widget on iOS and Android. If you want to display your memories as live wallpaper instead, check out the linked article for setting your memories as live wallpaper in Google Photos. If you use Google Photos, you need to use a locked folder to hide your photos and videos. That’s all from us. Let us know what you think about this feature in the comments section below.