So you just installed Discord to follow your favorite YouTuber or because of pressure from your peers, but don’t know what Discord is? Now, I’ve introduced you to this comprehensive guide focused on helping you explore and use Discord optimally.
First, Discord is a VoIP, instant messaging platform that supports voice and video calling, media sharing, and has a community of different topics. The best part is that it works as smoothly as the silk on the iPhone. Read on to understand how to get started!
- 1 Set up a Discord account on your iPhone
- 2 How to find and add friends on Discord
- 3 Create a Discord server and channel
- 4 How to remove Discord channels and servers
- 5 How to join a Discord server
- 6 Use Discord Voice Chat on your iPhone
- 7 How to share your screen with Discord using your iPhone
- 8 How to use Discord on your iPhone during playback
- 9 Basic Discord commands
- 10 Other things you need to know about Discord
Set up a Discord account on your iPhone
After downloading and installing Discord on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open Discord and tap register..
You can register by phone number or email address.
- When you’re done, enter your username and set a password.
Note: This user name can be changed in the future.
- Now, On-screen instructions..
- Finally, Profile photo..
You can choose from existing avatars or add your favorite images. Grant the same required permissions.
- that’s it! You have now created a Discord account.
Note: Unless local law requires seniors, the minimum age to access Discord is 13 years.
Privacy settings to fine-tune Discord
Now that the profile is ready, let’s sort some of the preferences.
- In Discord, Profile photo It’s on the bottom left.
- Tap Privacy and safety.. The options you can get are:
- Secure direct messaging: You can determine which messages Discord will scan. This setting prevents users from sending explicit images, NSFW images, and so on.
- Server privacy default: Switch on to allow users on any participating server to join the DM.
- Who can add you as a friend: Determine who can add you as a friend. Select or deselect the option that you think is appropriate.
- Sync contacts: If you want to add friends by phone number or email address, please switch on Sync contacts,and[検出のアクセス許可]Now turn on the options you need.
- How to use your data: You can deselect the options in this section to prevent Discord from using the data.
Now that your account is set up and you know the basics, let’s move on to the next step in growing your circle.
Gamers mainly use Discord. This will allow you to link your Steam, Battle.net, PlayStation Network, and Xbox accounts. Other services that can be linked to your Discord account consist of Facebook, GitHub, Reddit, Spotify, Twitch, Twitter, and YouTube. Method is as follows.
- your Profile photo Bottom right → Select connection..
- strike addition It is in the upper right.
- Now your link Priority account..
Fun facts: When you link your preferred accounts to grant access, Discord broadcasts activities from other platforms to your profile so your friends can see them. For example, if you’re playing a song on Spotify, it will appear below your profile.
How to find and add friends on Discord
If you don’t have friends on Discord:
- Tap Second tab (People waving the icon) It’s at the bottom of Discord.
- Tap Find a friend with discord option.
- If you have contact sync enabled, the screen will show your friends using Discord.
- If not, you can add it using a name, a hashtag, and a user name that consists of four numbers (automatically assigned).
- addition they.
Friends will be shown in Pending request section. If they accept it, you can find them based on their activity.
If you already have friends on Discord but want to add more, go to the same tab and tap the icon in the upper right.
💡 Additional Information: You have the option to change your username, but to change the four-number tag, you’ll need to subscribe to Discord Nitro, Discord’s premium subscription, which offers many perks. However, most features work fine without Nitro, so you don’t need to subscribe to Nitro.
Create a Discord server and channel
Discord has servers for a variety of purposes. If you want to create a server, follow these steps to set up your first Discord server.
- Open discord Tap Plus icon It is in the upper left.
- choose Ren plate Or create server From zero.
We recommend that you select the template option. Template options are faster and easier.
- Next, name Add a server and Display image..
- that’s it!
This completes the basic setup of your first Discord server. You can now invite your friends directly on Discord or send links to them on other platforms.
Note: The invitation link expires in 7 days by default, but you can tap it to change it. Edit invitation link Set the link indefinitely.
Differences between Discord servers and channels
If you’re confused between a Discord server and a channel, it’s pretty easy. Under one server, there are multiple channels, including text and audio channels. All channels are labeled according to their intended use. You must adhere to the rules of the server and chat on the suggested channel. So if someone asks you to go to a topic on a channel and chat there, you know what to do.
How to remove Discord channels and servers
Note: You can only delete channels or servers that you own. Method is as follows.
How to delete a Discord channel
- Long press Text / voice channel Delete.
- select Edit channel..
- Scroll down and tap Delete channel..
- select Yes If you are prompted.
Note: Once executed, this action is irreversible.
How to remove Discord server
- Open discord Tap Three dot icons It is in the upper right.
- select Configuration → Overview..
- Scroll down and tap Delete server..
- select Yes When prompted.
The Discord server will be deleted.
How to join a Discord server
To join the server on Discord, you need an invitation link to the server.
If you have an invitation link, follow these steps:
- Tap Plus icon Discord home page.
- select Join the server It’s at the bottom.
- here, Invite a link Choose Join the server..
- the end! You have successfully joined the Discord server.
If you don’t have a link to your Discord server, don’t worry. You can find a link to the Discord server on Reddit. Method is as follows.
- Go to Subreddit I participated.
- Tap that About the section..
- Scroll down and subredditsDiscord server..
- Click the link accept invitation.
You are now joined to the Discord server you are interested in.
Note: You can also find the Discord Server link for your favorite influencer in your social media account.
Use Discord Voice Chat on your iPhone
You will be asked to give permission to the microphone before you start voice chat on your iPhone. You must also give permission to the camera while using the microphone.
How to voice / video chat with friends
To have a voice chat, you need to add a person to your friends list.Now head to them profile Tap Phone or video icon In the upper right.Even if that person is inside you Pending request You cannot have voice / video chat with them in the section.
How to join the server’s voice channel for voice / video chat
- Go to Audio channel Tap on the selected server.
- select Join voice..
- Once connected, you can chat with other members on the voice channel.
- You also have the option to switch to video chat by tapping the video icon at the bottom left.
As you are familiar with using voice / video chat with Discord, screen sharing is another useful feature that Discord offers. This can be done while making a voice / video call with a friend or joining the voice channel of the server.
- To follow Same procedure Start voice / video chat with friends.
- Swipe up 4 options..
- select Share your screen..
- Once you have granted the required permissions, the screen will be shared.
Note: A high speed internet connection is required for seamless screen sharing.
- Follow the same steps as joining an audio channel on a Discord server.
- Tap Second option It’s at the bottom.
- Then grant the necessary permissions to start sharing the screen.
How to use Discord on your iPhone during playback
Gamers mainly use Discord. On the contrary, the founder enjoyed the game, and the communication tools at the time were great, so Discord came back to life. Therefore, to use Discord on your iPhone while playing a game, follow these steps:
- Open server → Participate Audio channelI have friends.
- Now go to your iPhone Home ScreenOpen game You want to play
Discord runs in the background and you can play while voice chatting with your friends.
Basic Discord commands
There are many Discord commands, but here are some basic commands that are useful.
- @Everyone When @here You will be able to mention everyone on the server and send notifications. This is useful for users to make announcements and so on.
- @username – Instead of @username, replace it with the person you want to tag. Example: @iGeeksBlog.
- #Channel – After the hashtag, use the channel name you want the user to join. For example, if your friend is chatting on the #general channel and you want to move the conversation to another channel, type # ideas-and-feedback to send. Tap to redirect to that particular channel.
- / – Use diagonal lines / slashes to display some built-in commands. These have some great commands.
Other things you need to know about Discord
Know your etiquette
Rules and regulations vary from server to server. However, here are some basic rules that apply to all servers:
- Do not organize or participate in individual or group harassment activities.
- Please refrain from engaging in malicious expressions, racist comments, etc.
- If you want to abuse or threaten others, please refrain from doing so.
- If any of these are not followed, please notify the moderator.
Discord has other rules and guidelines. Do not take anonymity for granted and engage in activities that you would not otherwise do. In short, be a good person. Visit here to find out about other rules of discord.
Discord Nitro is a premium subscription with Discord benefits. Available with two subscriptions, Discord Nitro and Discord Nitro Classic. Discord Nitro is priced at $ 9.99 / month or $ 99.99 / year, and Discord Nitro Classic is priced at $ 4.99 / month or $ 49.99 / year. For more information on Discord Nitro, please visit this link.
Discord bots are AI tools that help server owners / moderators automate tasks such as welcoming new users, moderating users, banning users, and playing music. For more information on Discord bots, please visit this link.
So this was a basic guide on how to use Discord on your iPhone. I hope this helps you get started. If you have any other questions, please ask in the comments section below. We will support you as much as possible.