Apple frequently releases HomePod software updates to fix occasional random issues and improve overall performance. Therefore, it’s a good idea to keep your Siri-powered smart speakers up-to-date so that they can work without any unexpected problems. Setting up a HomePod mini or HomePod is pretty easy, but not everyone is used to updating it. So I thought it was worth taking a beginner’s guide on updating Siri-enabled speakers. If you recently purchased a smart speaker and are considering updating your speaker, read on and get started.
- 1 How to update your HomePod mini or HomePod
- 1.1 Automatically update your HomePod mini or HomePod on your iPhone or iPad
- 1.2 Automatically update your HomePod mini or HomePod on your Mac
- 1.3 How to Manually Install HomePod Software Updates on Your iPhone or iPad
- 1.4 How to manually install HomePod software updates on your Mac
- 1.5 How long will my HomePod mini or HomePod software be updated?
- 2 An easy way to update your HomePod mini or HomePod
How to update your HomePod mini or HomePod
Apple can update your HomePod both automatically and manually. If you want to keep your smart speaker up-to-date without hassle, we recommend automatic software updates. However, if you want to check for bugs before updating the software, manual updates are ideal.
Automatically update your HomePod mini or HomePod on your iPhone or iPad
The Home app makes it easy to customize and manage your HomePod settings. Therefore, you don’t have to look anywhere other than this stock app to manage your smart home device.
- Launch the “Home” app and tap the home icon in the upper right. Here, select “Home Settings”.
- Tap Software Update and enable the toggle next to HomePod.
From now on, HomePod will be automatically updated to the latest version. If you change your mind later and want to disable the HomePod’s automatic updates, go back to the same settings and then[自動更新]Turn off the HomePod toggle in the section.
Automatically update your HomePod mini or HomePod on your Mac
If you use your Mac to update your HomePod, you can use macOS Monterey to update it. Method is as follows.
- Launch the “Home” app on your Mac. Now click on the Home Icon.
- Click “Software Update”.
- Make sure the toggle next to “HomePod” is enabled.
How to Manually Install HomePod Software Updates on Your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the “Home” app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap the Home icon, then tap Home Settings.
- Now tap Software Update.[すべて更新]Tap to update all HomePods at once.Or next to a particular HomePod[更新]You can also tap to update only that particular speaker.
- [同意する]Tap to start the software update.
How to manually install HomePod software updates on your Mac
On Mac, you can also manually install software updates using the Home app. This is what to do.
- Launch the “Home” app on your Mac. Click the home icon.
- Click “Software Update”.
- [すべて更新]Click to update all HomePods at once, or[更新]You can tap to install updates on your individual HomePod.
How long will my HomePod mini or HomePod software be updated?
The time it takes to update your HomePod mini or HomePod software depends entirely on the total file size and Wi-Fi speed of your software update. However, it will take about 10 minutes for the HomePod software update to complete.
When your HomePod is updated, you’ll see a white spinning light at the top. Keep your HomePod connected during the update.
When your HomePod is updated, you’ll see a message in the Software Updates section of your Home app.You can tap Recently updated Check the details. Note that software updates also indicate if your HomePod is already up-to-date and indicate the installed software version.
An easy way to update your HomePod mini or HomePod
that’s it! So, that’s how you can keep updating your Apple HomePod mini or HomePod to the latest version. I enjoy using the latest version of the software, but prefer to install the updates manually. In many cases, this helps to avoid bugs in the pre-installed software that has recently become part of it. Which is your favorite way to install software updates on your HomePod? Also, share your thoughts on how good the HomePod is with major smart speakers such as Amazon Echo and Google Home.