The latest macOS updates include many exciting and promising features. You can either wait for your Mac to update automatically or force it to update. This article will show you how to update your Mac to enjoy the new features.
How to prepare your Mac for updates
Many issues can occur while updating your Mac. It’s important to protect your Mac from this. It is unwise to trigger happiness and press the refresh button. Follow the steps outlined below to prepare your Mac for updates.
- Make sure your Mac is compatible with the latest macOS.
- Make sure you have enough free space. We recommend freeing at least 25GB before installing macOS Monterey.
- Visit the Apple Forums / Reddit to see if your users are facing major issues with the latest macOS.
- Clear junk files and clean up your Mac. It also helps to reuse storage space.
- Back up your Mac.
- Connect your Mac to a fast and reliable network. Avoid updating on public WiFi.
- Log in to iCloud.
Check if your Mac is compatible with the latest macOS
It’s important to make sure your Mac supports the latest macOS. Otherwise, all efforts will be wasted. If your Mac doesn’t support updates, you won’t receive update notifications. In some cases, your Mac supports updates. However, the update removes certain new features.
Apple publishes a list of compatible devices with each release of macOS. For example, visit the macOS Monterey support page to check compatibility. Please check your MacBook version and specifications before updating.
How to update macOS on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
Are you all ready to update? If your Mac works on macOS Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur, follow these steps: As mentioned earlier, the procedure depends on the version of macOS.
- click Apple logo Choose System Preferences From the menu.
- select Software update..
- Wait for your Mac to search for updates.
- If that says Mac is up to dateAfter that, new updates are not available.
- Click if updates are available Upgrade Now..
- Make sure your internet connection is fast and reliable. Updates will be tens of gigabytes. The entire process can take some time.
How to update macOS before High Sierra
If you’re running macOS High Sierra or earlier, you’ll need to update. This time, you need to open the App Store to update Mac OS. Here’s how to update-
- Open App Store On Mac.
- select update From the menu bar at the top.
- The App Store will show you if an update is available.
- If available,[更新]Tap.
- This process can take a few minutes to an hour. This is highly dependent on the size of the update and the speed of the internet.
What is the macOS Beta version? How do you get it?
Apple’s beta software program is a great way to test future macOS. This program is intended for developers and power users. You can see the pre-release version by enrolling in the macOS beta program. However, you may find bugs and other issues in the beta. But that’s the point of enrolling in the beta program.
There are multiple ways to download macOS Developer Beta. We do not recommend installing the beta macOS version on your daily driver or primary Mac. Problems can interfere with workflows and cause delays. And all of them require registration for Apple’s beta program.
In the worst case scenario, you can downgrade to stable macOS whenever you run into problems. However, data that was not backed up will be lost. Which macOS version do you like best? Please let us know in the comments below.