Whatsapp has become a major source of communication. The platform is reliable and easy to use on iOS and Android, but cross-platform data transfer is a hassle. However, there are multiple ways to move WhatsApp data through third-party apps.
In addition, WhatsApp recently introduced an official method that only allows data transfer from Android to iPhone and not vice versa. Let’s take a look at these methods.
How to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone for free
When transferring chat history from Android to iPhone, WhatsApp provides a reliable way to perform the process.
Note: This method sends the entire chat history to another mailbox accessible on the iPhone. It doesn’t actually transfer chats to WhatsApp on iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp On Android.
- Tap 3 dots Select in the upper right Configuration..
- Tap below this chat..
- Tap Chat history..
- Tap Chat export..
- please choose contact The chat you want to transfer.
Note: Only one contact can be selected at a time. To transfer chats for multiple contacts, repeat the steps for each.
- Please select an option from No media Also Include media..
- Select now Gmail, Forward the chat history to the desired email address.
- Then open Inbox Of that email address on your iPhone.
that’s it! You can now view your entire chat history on your iPhone.
There is no official way to transfer WhatsApp chat from Android to iPhone and vice versa. However, dr.fone provides an efficient and reliable way to do that.
- Start dr.fone Click on the Mac app Restore social apps..
- click WhatsApp icon Located in the left sidebar.
- Click here Forward WhatsApp messages..
- connection Bring both iPhone and Android devices to Mac.
- If the app detects both, one will be marked as sauce The other is marked as destination..
Click to change as needed Flip..
- Click when you’re done Migration It’s on the bottom right.
- click Yes NS appear It seems to confirm.
Note: The forwarding process removes all messages from the destination device.
- [はい]Click to Transfer process It starts.
- When you’re done, open WhatsApp on the device you want to chat to and tap return In a popup.
That’s it! Chats are transferred from one device to another.
- 1 year license: $ 29.95
- Lifetime license: 39.95
- 1 year business license: $ 399
Buy Restore Social
Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung device for free
WhatsApp recently released an official way to transfer entire Whatsapp data from iPhone to Android. However, this feature is currently limited to Samsung devices only.
WhatsApp says it will soon extend this feature to other Android devices, along with the ability to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
To transfer data from iPhone to Samsung device, you need the following:
- USB-C-Lightning cable (or equivalent adapter depending on Samsung device port type)
- Samsung SmartSwitch app v184.108.40.206 or later.
Note: This process allows for the entire data transfer except call history or display name.
- connection Samsung phone to iPhone using cable.
- Follow the instructions on the screen SmartSwitch App.
NS QR code Generated on Samsung mobile phones.
- scan QR code using the iPhone camera.
- Tap start On the iPhone, wait for the process to finish.
- In session WhatsApp With Samsung phone log in I’m using the same number on my iPhone.
- Tap Import When prompted. Now wait for the process to complete.
that’s it! You should now see all your data in WhatsApp on your Samsung phone.
Therefore, these are some ways to transfer WhatsApp data cross-platform. You can’t wait for WhatsApp to start the official way for all devices to make the process seamless. However, it seems that I have to wait a little longer.
Are there any other queries related to WhatsApp? Share them in the comments below.
You may also enjoy reading: