I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 with a new UI, taskbar, and[スタート]If you don’t like the menu, don’t worry. You can easily roll back to Windows 10. We liked many of the features of Windows 11, but we understand that next-generation operating systems aren’t for everyone. The UI has been completely reviewed and Microsoft has also removed many features from Windows 11. Therefore, if you want to roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10, please follow the guide below and downgrade to Windows 10 with a few simple steps.
Roll back from Windows 11 (2021) to Windows 10
Here are three ways to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. If you want to get back within 10 days of installing the preview build, you’ll have a smooth transition without any issues. However, if the 10-day period has expired, you will need to manually install Windows 10 on your PC. So let’s dive right away without any further effort.
Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 within 10 days
If you have Windows 11 installed and are worried about using the new UI, don’t worry. You can seamlessly downgrade to Windows 10. This action must be performed within 10 days How to install Windows 11 preview build. After that, you need to manually clean install Windows 10 as described below. This process does not delete any files or programs. Also, Windows 10 will remain activated.
Apart from that, make sure you have I haven’t touched the “Windows.old” folder With C drive. This is where all your old Windows 10 files will be saved. Also, old files may be deleted, so[設定]Do not delete temporary files from the page.
1. First,[設定]Open and[システム]Of the menu[リカバリ]Go to. You can also search for “” directly.Recovery options“From a new start in Windows 11.
2. Here, “Earlier versions of Windows“option. Click the “Back” button next to it.
3. A prompt will appear on the screen asking why you want to roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10. Select one of the options and[次「。
5.次に、説明を読み、[次へ]Click a few times to proceed.
6. Finally, “Revert to previous build“option. Click. Your PC will reboot and the downgrade process from Windows 11 to Windows 10 will begin. Keep in mind that this process can take 1-2 hours, depending on your PC’s specifications. Please wait.
7. When the downgrade is complete, all files, programs, and The license key remains the same..
Return from Windows 11 to Windows 10 in 10 days
You can go back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 after 10 days, Perform this action before the 10-day expiration date.. After the 10-day expiration, Windows 11 will permanently delete the “Windows.old” folder and you will not be able to revert to the seamless process. You can also use this method to extend the uninstall period.
1. Within 10 days Open command prompt Or use a Windows terminal and run as administrator. You can use the Windows keyboard shortcut Win + X followed by the “A” key to open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
2. Next, Execute the following command Check the current uninstall window. It should be said 10 days. Unfortunately, if you get the “Element not found” error, your PC will not be able to roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10. You can do a clean install of Windows 10 using the steps described in the sections below.
DISM /Online /Get-OSUninstallWindow
3. After that, execute the following command Extend the uninstall window from 10 to 60 days.. The value can be changed from anywhere between 10 and 60 days.
DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:60
4. Now you can go back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 even after 10 days.Remember Maximum rollback period is 60 days.. So if you decide to go back to Windows 10, don’t forget to do it within the last two months.
Rollback from Windows 11 to Windows 10 (manual installation)
This method is useful if you have passed the 10-day (or up to 60-day) rollback window. Also, if you delete the “Windows.old” folder to free up space, or use Storage Sense to delete temporary files, you can’t just leave everything down and downgrade to Windows 10.
You need a clean install of Windows 10, and this is Delete all programs and files (Desktop, My Documents, etc.) in C drive.. Don’t worry, Windows 10 will be activated automatically. Also, the files or folders on all other partitions are unchanged. However, if you have valuable or personal files stored on your PC, it is highly recommended to back them up.
1. For a clean installation, we recommend using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. This is the official tool by Microsoft. Install the latest stable version of Windows 10 Manually on the PC. Please read the linked guide above and follow the “Creating a Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive” section.
2. When the bootable USB stick is ready, restart your computer. While the computer is booting Start pressing the boot key Continuously. Select the thumb drive from the boot screen and press Enter.
Note: On HP laptops, pressing the “F9” key at boot time[ブートオプション]The menu is displayed. For other laptops and desktops, you need to search the internet for the boot key. Must be F12, F9, F10, etc.
3. Now launch the Windows 10 installer setup.now Follow this instruction path,[次へ]->[今すぐインストール]->[プロダクトキーがありません]->[カスタム]Click.
4. Here we identify “C” drive partition Based on the drive size, click Next to install Windows 10 on your PC. This will only wipe the C drive (including programs and files from Desktop, My Documents, Downloads-all in the C drive). Also, all other partitions are unchanged.
10. When the installation process is complete, your PC will restart.Now you can Remove the USB thumb drive, And downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10. That’s it.
Uninstall Windows 11 and go back to Windows 10 immediately
Therefore, these are three ways you can roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10. The 10-day uninstall period can be frustrating, but Microsoft removes old files to keep your PC clean and tidy. By the way, you can extend the rollback period to 60 days by following the second method. If you’re migrating to Windows 10 with a centralized taskbar and a new start, it’s a good idea to follow the tutorial on how to customize the taskbar in Windows 11. This guide will help you move the taskbar to any side. You can also revert to the traditional Start menu in Windows 11. Also, see the linked articles for answers to these other frequently asked questions about Windows 11. Anyway, it’s all from us. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below.