If your iPhone or Mac isn’t working, put it in recovery mode. But how do you recover when your Apple Watch isn’t working? Previously, the only option was Apple’s repair center. However, with watchOS 8.5 and above, you can restore your Apple Watch on a nearby iPhone.
This new feature is especially useful if your Apple Watch isn’t responding or updating. In such scenarios, the clock needs to be updated or restored. Here’s how to do it from your iPhone.
Requirements for restoring Apple Watch firmware from iPhone
However, please check the compatibility of your device before checking the method.
- running watchOS 8.5 or later
- Running iOS 15.4 or later
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth must be turned on
- Keep unlocked during the process
- Use a 2.4GHz network instead of 5GHz on your iPhone.
- Make sure you are not using a captive network or an 802.1X network.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi networks as they may not work.
Reset Apple Watch via iPhone
- Bring you iPhone Near the Apple Watch.
- Charge the watch.
- Double click Side button..
- follow On-screen instructions Complete the process.
If you see a red exclamation mark on your Apple Watch
If you find a red “!” Side button Repeat the above steps.
If your Apple Watch still doesn’t respond, try these solutions to resolve the situation.
- Please try again: Double-click the side button and repeat the above steps.
- Restart Wi-Fi: If the Wi-Fi is uneven, the process will not start. Therefore, turn off Wi-Fi on your iPhone, restart your device, and then turn Wi-Fi back on. (If you suspect Wi-Fi is the cause, try and fix the following troubleshooting steps)
- Restart bluetooth: Apple Watch and iPhone may not be able to establish a connection. Now let’s turn Bluetooth off / on and make sure both devices are paired.
- Last resort – If you still have problems with your Apple Watch, contact Apple Support to arrange a repair by mail.
Hope this helps to restore Apple Watch via iPhone. I love how Apple is making steady efforts to smooth out self-healing. And while there’s still a long way to go, this Apple fan is pleased that we’re stepping up.
Check out the links below for more interesting Apple Watch hacks.