Reading is always a great hobby. In addition, quite a few readers have an e-reader like the Amazon Kindle in their hands, making it easy to sneak in chapters one or two in bed. However, because the Kindle e-reader is part of the hardware, it can get stuck, delayed, or freeze. If so, you may be looking for a procedure to reset your Kindle to factory reset to make it look like new. That’s what this article teaches. Whatever the reason for doing so, a reboot or factory reset will help you fix your Kindle.
- 1 How to restart or reset your Kindle eBook reader (2021)
- 1.1 Will I lose all my Kindle books and content when I reset?
- 1.2 Method 1: Try a soft reset (or restart) your Kindle
- 1.3 Method 2: How to hard reset your frozen Kindle
- 1.4 Method 3: How to reset your Kindle to factory default
- 1.5 Bonus: Steps to unregister Kindle e-reader
- 1.6 The Kindle is not fixed after the reset. What now?
- 2 Reset your Kindle to factory new
How to restart or reset your Kindle eBook reader (2021)
This guide describes the process of factory resetting your Kindle, as well as other measures you need to implement before you take the plunge. Use the table of contents below to jump to the section you want.
Will I lose all my Kindle books and content when I reset?
Unfortunately, I do so regardless of why I reset my Kindle to factory default. Erase All ebooks, magazines and other content stored on your Kindle. In addition, the settings will automatically return to their default state.However, for all data Already backed up To your Amazon account. As a result, you may lose your ebooks temporarily, but if you set up your Kindle after a factory reset, all your ebooks will sync immediately.
Method 1: Try a soft reset (or restart) your Kindle
Your Kindle is slowing down over time, so you may be considering a factory reset. It’s perfectly normal for the Kindle to choke from time to time. However, that does not mean that the device needs to be wiped clean. In some cases, a quick reboot will remove the lag and bring the Kindlee-reader back to a fast state. Therefore, try this before proceeding with the reset. Follow the steps below to soft reset your Kindle.
1. Press and hold Kindle Power switch For a few seconds. The power button is the same one you use to unlock the device.
2. After a while, the power menu will open. “RebootI will wait for a while.
It takes a few seconds for the Kindle to perform a soft restart. This may eliminate previously noticed lag. However, if your Kindle screen freezes or becomes unresponsive, continue reading.
Method 2: How to hard reset your frozen Kindle
It’s not uncommon for a Kindle to freeze completely, but it can happen unexpectedly. Kindles that freeze or do not respond do not respond to touch gestures or navigation. You must perform a hard reset for it to work again. This will not delete your data or damage your device. Therefore, follow the steps below to perform a hard reset.
1. Press and hold Kindle Power switch.. The power button is the same button used to unlock the device.
2. The power button will appear on the screen. However, do not release the power button until the screen flashes and the hard reset process begins.You need to press and hold the power button 40 seconds..
3. When your Kindle turns on again, release the power button.
A hard reset is removing something from your Kindle e-reader. Just restart the stuck Kindle in the same way as the software one, but it will restart more forcibly. It also removes previously noticed errors and lags. However, if your Kindle isn’t working as intended, perform a factory reset.
Method 3: How to reset your Kindle to factory default
If your Kindle restart doesn’t work and you want to proceed to a factory reset of your Kindle, click here. The process of doing this is very simple. However, as mentioned earlier, all Kindle eBooks and settings will be temporarily lost. So if you feel too lazy to start over, just wait. However, if you want to modify your e-reader, follow the steps below to reset your Kindle to factory default.
1. On the Kindle home screen, Abbreviation icon (3 dots) Upper right.
2. From the drop-down menu, select[Configuration“.
3. On the setting screen, Ellipsis icon (3 dots) In the upper right again. Another drop-down menu is displayed. here,”reset” From the available options.
5. You should now see a confirmation box informing you that your selections and all your Kindle data will be deleted. “Yes“Continue.
Your Kindle will restart and the factory reset process will begin. It doesn’t take much time. When complete, you’ll see the Kindle welcome screen. Then set up your device as you did when you first purchased it.
In addition, relinking your Amazon account to your device will restore all deleted eBooks and other data. However, if you plan to sell your Kindle, leave it on the setup screen for the next happy reader.
Bonus: Steps to unregister Kindle e-reader
This section is intended for Kindle owners who sell or transfer their devices and want to erase all data. Kindle restores data from your associated Amazon account, so you’ll need to unregister to stop recovering your data. Follow the steps below to unregister your Kindle.
1. On the Kindle home screen, Ellipsis icon (3 dots) Upper right.
2. Next, “ConfigurationFrom the drop-down menu. “
3. Next, “Your accountFrom the list that appears. ”
4. Next, “Unregister deviceOn the next page. ” A confirmation box is displayed.Now you need to tap “”Unregister “ To confirm your actions.
that’s it. You have successfully unregistered your Kindle from your Amazon account. It removes all content from your device and all settings that your Amazon account has applied to your eBook reader. You can give your Kindle as a gift if you want, but you can always reset it to factory default to make sure it’s doubled (follow the steps described above).
The Kindle is not fixed after the reset. What now?
If your Kindle doesn’t work after a factory reset, there may be a hardware problem. Depending on where you live, you may need to contact Amazon Kindle Support (website link) to request repair or replacement. But before that, it’s a good idea to visit the Kindle E-Reader help page to find a solution to troubleshoot the issue.
Reset your Kindle to factory new
After following the instructions in this guide, I hope your Kindle works the same as it did when you purchased it. Beyond reading ebooks, there are plenty of Kindle tips and tricks. However, if you want to consider more options, you should try these best Kindle alternatives for changes. Need help along the way? Let us know in the comments below!