If you forget the password for your Windows 10 local account and it’s also your administrator account, resetting your password can be a daunting task. In such a scenario, Must use live USB stick Access your computer from outside the system. In this way, you can easily modify the system files and get them into your PC without any problems. For simplicity, we’ve put together a detailed guide on how to reset your Windows 10 administrator password. So let’s jump to the step immediately without delay.
Reset admin password on Windows 10 (2021)
Before starting this tutorial, it is clear that no files or programs will be affected during this process. You can reset your Windows 10 administrator password without losing valuable files. So let’s move on to the instructions so that it doesn’t get in the way.
1. First of all, you need to Create Windows 10 USB Installation media. You can use Rufus or Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows USB.
2. Next, connect the USB thumb drive to your computer and restart your PC. When the PC starts up Start pressing the boot key Continuously.
Note: On HP laptops, press the “Esc” key at boot time to display the boot menu. For other laptops and desktops, you need to look for the boot key on the internet. Must be F12, F9, F10, etc.
3. Well, Select a USB drive Flash Windows 10 and press Enter to start the administrator password reset process.
4. When the Windows 10 installer page is displayed, click “Shift + F10Click to open a command prompt.
Five.[コマンドプロンプト]In the window, type:
diskpart Press Enter. next,
list volume Press Enter. From the list of volumes Identify the C drive Make a note of everything listed under “Ltr”. This will be the partition name.For example, mine
6. Now type
exit Press Enter to exit Diskpart.
7. Then enter the partition name this way –
d: Press Enter.This will Go to C drive Of your computer. Keep in mind that the partition name may vary from computer to computer.
8. Then enter these commands one by one and clickSystem32The “folder under the C drive of your computer”.
cd windows cd system32
9. When you come here, enter the following commands one by one.This will Rename
cmd.exe.. By the way, utilman.exe is responsible for handling the lock screen accessibility features and allows you to reset the admin password on your Windows 10 PC.
rename utilman.exe utilman1.exe rename cmd.exe utilman.exe
10. Now close the command prompt window, cancel the Windows 10 installer process, remove the USB thumb drive and restart your PC. It usually starts with a lock screen. here,”Accessibility“Icon in the lower right corner”.
10. A command prompt window will open. here, Enter the following command Press Enter. This makes it easy to reset your Windows 10 administrator password.
11. This will pop up a new password recovery window. here, Click the “Reset Password” button..
12.12. Set a new password Click the “OK” button. The Windows 10 PC administrator password has now been successfully reset.
13. Next, log in to your account. New administrator password From the lock screen. And now you can sign in to your Windows 10 PC without any problems.
Did you forget your Windows 10 administrator password?Reset the administrator password
This makes it easy to reset your Windows 10 administrator password without deleting files or programs. You don’t need to reinstall Windows 10 to access other partitions. Just follow our tutorial and it will work like a charm. Anyway, that’s almost it. If you want to convert MBR to GPT disk in Windows 10 without losing data, please follow the detailed tutorial linked here. Also, if you have any questions about this guide, please comment below.