Truecaller, the world’s most popular crowdsourcing caller ID app, is generally reliable and lets you know who is calling even before the phone rings. But it often misnames people, and it’s very terrible. It’s no wonder then that it bothers many people. So if you are one of the names slaughtered by other Truecaller users, you are in the right place. Today, I’ll show you how to rename in Truecaller using both Android and iPhone apps, as well as the official website.
Rename with Truecaller (2021)
Truecaller makes it easy to identify cold callers and people who aren’t on your contact list. However, in my experience, this app has a habit of coming up with complex names for people. Thankfully, you can rename it with Truecaller using both the mobile app and the website. This article will show you both methods. So let’s get it started right, without any further delay.
Rename with Truecaller for Android
If Truecaller’s name is all wrong, you can fix it yourself if you have Truecaller installed on your Android phone. Here’s how you follow it:
1. Open Truecaller and tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner.Then click Edit button (Pencil icon) Next to your name.
2. On the next page, enter the name you want Truecaller to display when you call someone. Then tap Save at the bottom.
The above method should fix your name pretty quickly, but Truecaller says it might take “Up to 24-48 hours … if you recently updated your profile.”
Rename with Truecaller for iPhone (iOS app)
If Truecaller is displaying the wrong name for your number, here’s how to rename it using the iPhone app.
- Open the app and it’s in the bottom navigation bar[その他]Tap. next, Tap the “Edit” button Next to your name.
- The next time you call Truecaller, you can enter the name you want others to see.When you’re done, it’s in the upper right corner[保存]Tap.
Change your name on the Truecaller website
Truecaller allows you to update your personal information on your website in addition to the Android and iPhone apps. This process is useful for those who do not use the service on their mobile phones. So if you don’t use the Truecaller app on your iOS or Android phone, here’s how to rename it in Truecaller using the official website:
- Go to the Truecaller website (access the link) and log in using your Google or Microsoft account credentials.
- Then search for your mobile number (make sure the auto-selected country code is correct). When the details are displayed,Suggest a namePress to start the change.
- In the pop-up panel, enter the name you want to see for the Truecaller number when you call someone. You can now also choose to display it as your personal number or as your company number.Finally, check the changes[保存]Click.
Truecaller does not allow you to update your personal information from your website’s account settings, but you can use this trick to rename it. The update may not happen immediately, so if you check again a few days later, you’ll see the new name.
What to do if Truecaller hasn’t updated your name
If you recently updated your name, Truecaller states that changing information can take up to 24-48 hours. It’s also possible that your phone stores old information locally. In that case, Truecaller recommends clearing the search entry for your number in the app.
Android users can do that just by accessing their users Phone settings – –> Apps-> Truecaller-> Clear cache, And try again.Note that the company is saying that “Automatically rejects profiles that contain names that may be considered vulgar, such as” personal number or unknown name. ” “
In the meantime, we’ve also explained how to delete or deactivate your Truecaller account, so make sure it’s what you’re looking for. If you want to check out other such tools, we’ve put together a list of the best caller name announcer apps. The Google Phone app now supports call recording natively on some devices.
Regain your identity with Truecaller in a few simple steps!
Whether it’s a privacy nightmare or not, the Caller ID app is incredibly useful. As a result, most people use the app without understanding its implications. The most popular app in this category, Truecaller, has been frequently attacked by digital privacy advocates, but its growth continues unabated. Therefore, if you are a Truecaller swearer and you have no end due to the wrong name, use this guide to rename it in Caller ID Service. Once you’ve done that, let us know how long it took the company to make the final changes.