When you set up your iPhone, Apple names your device “iPhone.” This is to simplify the naming scheme. This generalization is fine from a naming standpoint, but it can be a lot of confusion, especially if you have multiple iPhones in your home. When sharing files using AirDrop or Personal Hotspot, you often wonder which is the device. Thankfully, there is a quick way to rename your iPhone. If that’s what you’re looking for, I’ll show you an easy way to rename your iPhone and iPad.
Easy way to rename iPhone and iPad (2022)
There are multiple ways to fine-tune the name of your iOS device. The easiest way is in the Settings app, but you can also easily customize the iPhone name from your computer. Aside from that, I also explained how to customize the name of the Bluetooth accessory. This is useful if you want to keep all your devices in sync.
Keep in mind that renaming a device does not affect how it is used or tweak existing settings. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about sequelae.
Where does the device name appear?
First, find out where the name of your device will appear.
AirDrop will display the device name when someone tries to share a file via Apple’s file sharing protocol.
- Find My iPhone iPhone / iPad
The “Find” used to track a lost or stolen device shows the name of the device. Select a name to keep track of connected devices.
This is the main reason why you want to give your iPhone a different name. When you or someone else tries to connect to your device’s personal hotspot, you’ll see the name of your device.
When you sync your device with your media library, iTunes will display your iPhone’s name.
When you view your online Apple ID account, you’ll see a list of Apple devices that are synced with your account. Each connected device has a different name.
Change the name that can be detected on iPhone and iPad
Editing your iPhone name from the Settings app has never been easier.
1. To get started Setting iPhone or iPad app.Then scroll down and tap Universal..
2. Here, About Then tap name..
3. Then tap “X” button Right next to the device name. after that, Please enter your name Of your iPhone or iPad And a hit end Confirm your changes.
- If you want to customize the device name to your liking, tap English pictogram icon On your keyboard, choose from many emojis to personalize your name.
Rename iPhone and iPad using iTunes
I don’t think many people know the fact that iTunes can also rename iPhone / iPad. The process is very simple.
1. First, Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer start up iTunes..
2. Then click. iPhone / iPad icon Located in the upper left corner of the window.
3. After that Click the name of the device In the sidebar -> Enter a name-> Press Return And you can go!
Rename Bluetooth accessories on iPhone and iPad
Before you start, make sure the Bluetooth accessory is turned on and connected to your iPhone or iPad.
Head to 1. Settings app On your device -> Bluetooth..
2. Then tap “I” button Next to your accessories.
3. Then tap name -> Tap the “X” button-> Enter a new name And hit end To confirm.
Easily rename iOS and iPad OS devices
That’s all there is to renaming your iOS or iPad OS device. The process is so simple that I think it was easy to sail. If you find this guide useful, it’s quite likely that you’ll want to read a huge summary of super cool iPhone shortcuts and hidden iPhone tips and tricks. In addition to improving the overall experience, these hacks can also fix a lot of annoyances, so try to catch up with them.