The music player widget on iPhone is very useful in most cases. You can easily control music apps, play / pause music, skip tracks, and adjust volume without unlocking your iPhone. However, it can be annoying as it tends to stay on the lock screen even after you finish listening to your favorite iPhone music streaming app. But don’t worry. You can remove the music player from the lock screen. Here are 10 ways to remove stuck music player widget from iPhone lock screen.
- 1 10 ways to remove music player from lock screen
- 1.1 1. Kill the music app
- 1.2 2. Remove music widget from today
- 1.3 3. Hard reset iPhone
- 1.4 4. Check if your iPhone is connected to your Bluetooth device
- 1.5 5. Turn off today’s view and search on the lock screen
- 1.6 6. Prevent Siri from displaying Apple Music suggestions on the lock screen
- 1.7 7. Reset all settings
- 1.8 8. Update iOS on iPhone
- 1.9 9. Remove and reinstall the Apple Music app
- 1.10 10. Last resort: Replace your iPhone with a new one
- 2 Easily remove music widgets on iPhone lock screen
10 ways to remove music player from lock screen
It’s worth pointing out that you can use these tips to get rid of the music player widgets of other music streaming services such as Spotify and YouTube Music as well as Apple Music. So whether you’re trying to fix the Spotify music widget or troubleshooting the Apple Music widget, these methods will work.
1. Kill the music app
The easiest way to remove the music widget from your iPhone lock screen is to kill the music app. Here’s how to kill the app on your iPhone:
For iPhone with Face ID
- Swipe up from the home bar Launch the app switcher and press and hold along the center of the screen. So Swipe up on the Apple Music app card Kill the app.
For iPhone with Touch ID
- Press the home button twice Access the app switcher. Then swipe up on the app card to exit the app.
After killing the music app, restart your iPhone. After the device restarts, check if the stuck music widget was successfully removed from the lock screen of your iOS device.
2. Remove music widget from today
If you added a music widget to today’s view, it may be interfering with the music player widget. Remove the widget from the Today widget and see if it works.
- Swipe right Access the Today View screen from the left edge of the screen.
- Then press and hold Music widget Tap “Delete Widget” In a pop-up.
- Next, Press the side button Lock your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then tap the touch screen to see if the music player widget disappears from the lock screen.
3. Hard reset iPhone
If the music widget is still visible on your iPhone’s lock screen, a hard reset (also known as a forced restart) may work. Hard resets are extremely reliable when resolving these other issues. Here’s an easy way to hard reset your iPhone.
Hard reset iPhone 8 and iPhone X and later
- Push and release Turn up the volume button.Then press and release Volume down button.
- Then be sure to press and hold Side button Until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Hard reset iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Press and hold both Side button and volume down button At the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Hard reset iPhone 6s / 6s Plus and earlier
- Press and hold both Home / Touch ID button and side / top button All at once until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
4. Check if your iPhone is connected to your Bluetooth device
If your iPhone is connected to Bluetooth headphones or a car stereo, you will tend to see recent tracks played from the music app. You can remove the music widget from your iOS lock screen by disconnecting your device from your iPhone.
- Toward Settings app Select on iPhone Bluetooth..
- Now tap “I” button Next to the Bluetooth device.Then tap Forget this device confirm.
5. Turn off today’s view and search on the lock screen
Some iOS users who had the same issue reported that turning off “View and Search Today” would work. Sounds crazy, but it doesn’t hurt to try it.
- Toward Settings app Select on iPhone Face ID / Touch ID and passcode.
- Then turn off the side toggle View and search today..
6. Prevent Siri from displaying Apple Music suggestions on the lock screen
Siri has a lot of tricks to figure out what you’re listening to and display suggestions on the lock screen accordingly. This is a well-thought-out feature designed to improve your music listening experience, but suggestions could be the reason why your music player got stuck. To fix the frozen music player widget, try turning off Siri suggestions on the lock screen.
- Go to Settings app Select on iPhone Search with Siri..
- Then turn off the side toggle Display when listening To prevent Siri from displaying suggestions on the lock screen.
7. Reset all settings
If faced with a permanent problem, a factory reset may be the solution. In many cases, the annoyance is fixed because the entire existing configuration is erased. So it makes sense to give a chance. If you are concerned about data loss, factory reset will not delete your media or data.
- Go to Settings app Tap on iPhone Universal..
- Then scroll to the bottom and tap Transfer or reset iPhone,hit reset..
- Then tap Reset all settings Check the pop-up menu.
8. Update iOS on iPhone
If the Music Player widget still doesn’t work on your iPhone’s lock screen, it may be due to a software bug. We know that iOS 15 is as buggy as its predecessor, so we can’t rule out the possibility of hidden bugs.
- Open Settings app Select on iPhone Universal..
- Now tap Software update Then download the latest version of iOS and install it on your device.
9. Remove and reinstall the Apple Music app
If none of the solutions have worked so far, try removing and reinstalling the Music app. A fresh reinstall often fixes complex app-related issues as well. Therefore, be sure to give it a try.
- Press and hold the music app Choose Delete app In the pop-up menu.
- Then tap Delete app Tap to confirm erase In the menu.
10. Last resort: Replace your iPhone with a new one
Is there a solution yet? It may be time to move on to a nuclear solution. A nuclear solution means restoring your iPhone as new. Note that the entire device will be erased and everything, including media and data, will be erased. Therefore, don’t forget to back up your device in advance.
- simply, Connect your iPhone to your computer Open iTunes / Finder -> Select a device..Click if you haven’t backed up your device yet Backup now..
- When you’re done, click Restore iPhone..
- Once the device is restored, set it as new. During setup, you will be given the option to restore the device from backup. Do what you need to do and you’re done.
Easily remove music widgets on iPhone lock screen
Well, they were various things you can try to get rid of it if the music player is stuck there from the lock screen. In most cases, one of the simple methods on this list will fix the problem, but if everything else fails, it’s okay to restore your iPhone to a completely new one. So which method on this list worked for you? Is there any other way to resolve this issue that I think should be included in this list? Please let us know in the comments.