As of July 2021, upgrades are only available as part of the Windows Insider Program, so you can’t install Windows 11 without a Microsoft account. However, if you install Windows 11, you can remove, remove, or unlink your Microsoft account from your PC and use your local account instead. Of course, you can’t update to the latest Windows 11 build, and you won’t have access to all the great new features like widgets, Android app support, and more. You can still use the latest desktop OS. Now let’s learn how to delete Microsoft account from Windows 11.
Delete Microsoft account from Windows 11 (2021)
This article describes how to remove your Microsoft account from your Windows 11 PC. this is,[設定],[コントロールパネル],[ユーザーアカウント]You can do it in several ways, including menus. It also describes how to create a local account. Without it, Windows will not be able to remove your Microsoft account from your computer. So let’s get started without any further effort.
Things to remember before deleting a Microsoft account
As we will see later in this article, deleting a Microsoft account from Windows 11 is relatively easy. However, there are some things you need to know before embarking on that path. please:
- First, if you want to disconnect your Microsoft account from your PC, Change account type instead of deleting Microsoft account From your computer. This process preserves all files, folders, apps, and settings. It basically uses the same account with the same data, but is renamed. In addition, you will not be able to access some of the related Microsoft services and features.
- Then, if you decide, you will need a local account with administrator privileges to remove your Microsoft account from Windows 11.
- Third, deleting a Microsoft account deletes all data in that account. If you have important files and you don’t want to lose them, it is recommended to make a backup.
- Fourth, according to reports, even a stable version of Windows 11 Home may require a Microsoft account for the installation and setup process. Looking at these reports, Only the “Pro” version can install the OS with a local account..
- Finally, deleting your Microsoft account from your computer does not delete your actual online account. You can continue to access it from your web browser using your credentials.
Currently, a Microsoft account is required to install Windows 11, but the account may change when the OS gets a stable release on all compatible devices. This means that technically you don’t need to add a Microsoft account to use Windows 11 (at least the Pro version).
Switch from Microsoft account to local account
You don’t necessarily have to delete your Microsoft account to use your local account on your Windows 11 PC. Instead, simply switch to your local account and you will not be able to automatically sign in to any Windows services. In this case, you must manually sign in to each service to use the services on your computer. Now let’s see how to switch from a Microsoft account to a local account in Windows 11.
- First, open the Settings app using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut Windows Key + I.[設定]from[設定]Click.accountSelect “in the left pane” and then “Your information“” In the right pane.
- On the next page[アカウント設定]and,[代わりにローカルアカウントでサインインしてください「。
- 切り替えを行う前に、本人確認を行う必要があります。 したがって、次のページで、MicrosoftアカウントIDを確認し、「次「。
- On the next page, enter your username (required) and password (optional). Lastly,”Next“At the bottom” button.
Note: The password section can be left blank as it is not required. If you do not need a login password for your local account, select your username to continue.
Create a local account on your Windows 11 PC
If switching from a Microsoft account to a local account doesn’t work, you need to start the process of removing your Microsoft account from your computer. The first step to doing this is to create a local account with administrator privileges. To create a local account on your Windows 11 computer, follow these steps:
- “Settings-> Account“Section. Now”Family and other users“” In the right pane.
- Next, Turn off internet connection.. Then find the “Add Other User” option and click “Add an accountNext to it “button.
Note: It is recommended to perform the above steps without an internet connection. That gives you the option to create a local account directly. However, if you are connected to the internet “No sign-in information for this person-> Please add a user without a Microsoft account” On the next two screens.Then proceed to the next step..
- Enter the selected username below “Who uses this PC?”.. Select a password (optional), re-enter it correctly, and then clickNext“. A new local account will be created immediately with the credentials you selected.
Note: As mentioned earlier, the password for the local account is optional and not required.If your local account does not require a password section, you can leave the password section blank..
Change account type from standard user to administrator
By default, all new accounts are Windows 11 “standard user” accounts. This means that you need to manually change the account type of the new account to “Administrator”. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to the Settings-> Accounts-> Family and Other Users page and click the username for the newly created account. next,”Account type changeNext to the account options “button.
- From the pop-up window, click the drop-down menu,[管理者「。 最後に、「OK」ボタンを押して変更を実装します。
ローカルアカウントに切り替えるだけでは不十分で、Windows 11 PCからMicrosoftアカウントを完全に削除したい場合は、以下のステップバイステップガイドに従ってください。
- まず、削除しようとしているMicrosoftアカウントとは別に、管理者アカウントからログインします。 別の管理者アカウント（ローカルまたはMicrosoft）を作成するか、WindowsPCで非表示の管理者アカウントを明らかにすることができます。
- [その他のユーザー]In, select the Microsoft account you want to delete. next,”deleteNext to the “Accounts & Data” option. “
- Finally, confirm your selection Click “Delete Account and Data” In the confirmation pop-up. This will remove your Microsoft account from that Windows 11 computer.
Method 2: Delete your Microsoft account from Control Panel
Another way to delete or delete your Microsoft account (or any user account for that) is to use Control Panel. Method is as follows.
- Open Control Panel on your Windows 11 PC. To do this, search for “control” (without the quotes) in the Windows search bar and then “Control panelFrom the result. “
- In Control Panel, make sure you are using the small icon view or the large icon view. next,”User account“.
- Then, if you are using the Categories view, click Delete User Account. Or, if you are using the Icon view (small or large),Manage another account“. In both cases, they are displayed on the same page.
- On the next page, click the target Microsoft account.
- next,”Delete account“Optional.
- This gives you two options for how Windows handles files: delete files or keep files. The first option deletes all files, while the second option saves only some files, not all. Select the option you want. Regardless of what you choose, your Microsoft account will be deleted from your Windows 11 PC.
Method 3: Remove your Microsoft account from the User Accounts panel
The third and last way to remove your Microsoft account from your Windows 11 computer is[ユーザーアカウント]Is to use a panel. Here’s how you follow it:
- “executionIn the dialog box, use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R. Now type “”.netplwiz(Without quotes) and press Enter.
- [ユーザーアカウント]In the window, select the Microsoft account you want to delete[削除]Click the button.
- Lastly,”YesClick “” in the pop-up window to confirm your selection. The selected Microsoft account will be deleted from your Windows 11 PC.
Use a local account on a Windows 11 computer
The tutorial above shows you three easy ways to remove Microsoft account from your Windows 11 computer. Therefore, go ahead and follow the guide to remove or unlink your Microsoft account from your PC and use your local account instead. Meanwhile, check out some other useful Windows 11 tutorials, such as how to turn off notifications in Windows 11, how to stop automatic updates in Windows 11, and how to take screenshots in Windows 11. Learn how to adapt to the new OS and roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 in a few simple steps.