Did you lose or delete your photos from your Mac? The photos are memories I want to enjoy for the rest of my life. However, digital photos can be lost if they are stored on a hard drive, volume, or other drive.
Macs have photo apps and backup services that allow users to manage and protect their image files and folders, but technical malfunctions can occur at any time.
If you accidentally delete, format, corrupt, malware, fail macOS upgrade, virus attack, etc., you can lose your photos from your Mac system.
Therefore, it brings you 5 best ways to recover deleted photos on Mac in data loss situation. However, to avoid overwriting, do not read / write the drive where the photo was deleted.
- Restore photos from “Recently Deleted” folder
- Restore deleted photos from Trash
- Restore deleted photos from iCloud
- Restore photos from Time Machine backup
- Use photo recovery software for Mac
1. Restore photos from “Recently Deleted” folder
The photos app on macOS Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave will prevent you from deleting photos all at once. The “Recently Deleted” folder keeps deleted photos for 30 days. Therefore, if you delete the images and later realize that you want to keep them, restore the images from this folder in the Photos app.
Steps to restore photos from “Recently Deleted” folder:
- Open Photo app..
- In the left pane Recently deleted.
Note: If empty, “Recently Deleted” folders will not be displayed.
- Select the image you want to restore and click recovery At the top.
2. Restore deleted photos from Trash
If you can’t find your deleted photos in the “Recently Deleted” folder, Finder, or other apps, look for them in the macOS Trash. Deleted data is retained for 30 days or until you empty it yourself.
How to restore photos from Trash:
- Open Garbage..
- Find and right click Required photos..
- select ‘return.. “
Now you will see the restored photos in the original folder.
3. Restore deleted photos from iCloud
If you are using iCloud Backup for Mac, restore your lost photos from here. Like the Photos app, iCloud has a “Recently Deleted” folder that keeps your images for 30 days. After this period, iCloud will automatically delete your photos permanently.
How to restore photos from iCloud:
- Go to icloud.com and sign in to your account with your Apple ID.
- Move to Photo..
- Go to Recently deleted album.
- Select and click on the photo you want recovery.
4. Restore photos from Time Machine backup
Backups can be very helpful if you lose your photos and other data. From there you can easily retrieve deleted or missing photos. Check for lost images on your macOS backup drive, Time Machine, or any other external storage you may be using.
How to get photos from Time Machine:
- connection External drive with Time Machine backup to Mac
- open finder Click on the window position From where the photo was deleted.
- Click to open Time Machine icon In the menu.
The available backups are displayed.
- Latest or Required backup date..
- Go to your photo library backup, select and click return..
Depending on the size of the file, it may take some time to restore the photos. All photos will be restored to their original location.
In addition, you can speed up Time Machine backups on your Mac in the future.
5. Use photo recovery software for Mac
Unfortunately, if you can’t find your deleted photos in the Photos app or iCloud backup, Trash, or “Recently Deleted” folder, then use photo recovery software.
Advanced photo recovery tools for macOS like Stellar Photo Recovery Premium version can save you from various photo loss situations. Whether you have formatted your macOS drive / removable media, emptied the Trash, or missing photos for unknown reasons, the software will recover in all critical cases.
You can get lost photos of almost all file types such as RAW, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, DNG, NEF, SR2. You can also restore photos taken with Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus and other cameras. ..
In addition, Stellar Photo Recovery Premium can repair damaged photos and videos that are distorted or unopened.
- Recover photos, videos, and music.
- Restore deleted photos with original date-timestamp and name.
- Get the RAW file of the camera.
- Repair damaged or damaged photos and videos.
Steps to recover photos using Mac photo recovery software
- download Stellar Photo Recovery Premium on Mac.
- select Photo In Choose what to recover screen.
- choose position The photo will be deleted.
- click scan Preview Photo found..
- Select the one you want to restore and click recovery.
Losing precious photos is upset and not being able to get them back is even more frustrating. However, it is useful to act immediately! We hope this guide will help you understand how to recover deleted photos on Mac.
Using tools is the most efficient way to restore data. However, we recommend that you first use the free trial version of the software that displays a preview of recoverable photos. Once its effectiveness is confirmed, make a purchase decision.