Discord is one of the apps that starts automatically by default when you turn on your PC. This is useful for game streamers and serious gamers, but casual Discord users can find it annoying. In addition, opening Discord at startup consumes system resources and increases startup time. If you don’t want Discord to appear right after you turn on your PC, here’s how to prevent Discord from opening at startup.
Disable Discord at startup (2022)
There are two ways to disable Discord at startup. You can use Discord’s in-app settings or use the Windows Task Manager to remove Discord from your startup items. We have added explanations for both of these methods, so please choose the method you like. That said, let’s get started right away.
Stop starting Discord from the app settings (Windows and Mac)
1. Open Discord Click the gear icon in the settings In the lower left corner of the screen[設定]Open the page.
2. From the left sidebar Select “Windows Settings” Access OS-specific Discord settings.
3.3. Disable the “Open Discord” toggle Now you are ready to go. Discord no longer starts automatically when I turn on my PC. On the other hand, you can also use the “Start Minimized” toggle to start Discord in the background.
Stop Discord Startup from Task Manager (Windows)
1. Open Task Manager using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” Switch to the “Startup Apps” tab..
2.2. Find Discord in the list of startup apps and click Disable A button in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. If you change your mind and want to start Discord at the same time as the system boots, you can always go back to Task Manager and start Discord.[有効にする]You can click the button.
Disable Discord when booting automatically from Mac settings
1. Click the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your Mac Select “System Preferences”..
2. From System Preferences Click “Users and Groups” Go to your account settings.
3. Select a user account from the “Current User” section and select Switch to the “Login Items” tab..
4. Find and select Discord from the list of startup items, Click the minus button It’s at the bottom to prevent Discord from opening at startup. Discord no longer starts automatically when I turn on my Mac.
Remove Discord from Windows and Mac startup apps
Removing Discord from the startup app will help reduce the system load when you turn on your PC. While disabling Discord from startup, it’s also a good idea to turn off common offenders such as Steam and Spotify from startup to speed up your boot experience. If you want to go one step further, feel free to read our guide on speeding up Windows 11 and deblotting Windows 11 to improve performance.