I love video content, but I often want to play YouTube videos in the background of my iPhone or iPad. This means that you can use other apps or lock your device while listening to the audio of the video.
It’s especially useful to listen to songs and longer podcast-style videos that don’t necessarily have to be seen visually.
Of course, this feature is currently only available to YouTube Premium users. But the convenience it adds to my daily life is well worth the price. If you want to experience it for yourself, this article will show you how to play YouTube in the background of iPhone and iPad.
How to keep YouTube videos playing in the background on iPhone via YouTube app
There are two different ways to listen to YouTube in the background of your iPhone. The first is when Picture in Picture (PiP) mode is enabled and the second is when PiP is disabled.
- Open the YouTube app and Profile photo It is in the upper right.
- Tap Configuration afterwards Universal..
- Switch on Picture in picture.
- Now when you watch the video, quit the app in the following way Swipe Up Or press House button..
The video will continue to play in a small window.
- Swipe NS The edge of the screen To minimize it.
The video will continue to play in the background. You can also use other apps and lock the screen.
You can access controls such as play / pause buttons, rewind, and fast forward. rock screen or Control center..
when PiP mode is disabled In the settings, Swipe up or press the home button to move from the YouTube app and the video you are watching will automatically continue to play in the background.
Play YouTube in the background using your iPhone and iPad web browsers
If you don’t want to use the YouTube app, you can also enjoy background playback from a browser such as Safari or Google Chrome. The advantage of this method is that it works on the iPad as well, unlike the first method above.
- Open arbitrarily browser Go to YouTube.com.
Make sure you are Will be logged Into YouTube Premium account
- Play the video and tap the icon Full screen mode.
- Tap Picture in picture icon At the top.
- Swipe Put this PiP window in one Side of the screen To minimize it and play the video Background..
Then you can access the play / pause, rewind, and forward buttons from. rock screen Also Control center..
Here’s how to play YouTube videos in the background on your iPhone or iPad. What do you think about this feature? Share your thoughts and questions in the comments below.
You probably like it too: