When it comes to immersive viewing and media streaming, Android TVs and smart TVs with huge screens are like destinations. Whether you want to enhance your glance or improve your family’s photography experience, there’s no substitute for a modern TV with big-screen real estate. AirPlay has always provided a very easy way to mirror your iPhone to your TV, but the wireless streaming protocol works more seamlessly than ever before. If that’s your goal, show us how to use AirPlay to stream videos and mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to a compatible TV.
- 1 Mirror iPhone and iPad to TV (2022)
- 1.1 Check before mirroring iPhone to TV
- 1.2 Mirror iPhone and iPad to TV
- 1.3 Stop mirroring your iPhone or iPad to your smart TV
- 1.4 Stream video from iPhone and iPad to TV
- 1.5 Prevent iPhone / iPad from being automatically streamed to AirPlay devices
- 1.6 Mirror iPhone to TV without AirPlay
- 2 Stream videos and easily mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your TV
Mirror iPhone and iPad to TV (2022)
Check before mirroring iPhone to TV
Make sure your TV is compatible with AirPlay 2
Introduced in 2010 as part of iOS 4, AirPlay initially allowed users to stream audio, photos, and video through Apple TV devices. However, in 2018, Apple allowed TV and speaker makers to incorporate this technology into the launch of AirPlay 2.
Currently, most of the latest TVs from major manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, VIZIO (2018 and later) support AirPlay 2, so users can make their iPhone or iPad display smart without relying on other devices. You can mirror it on your TV.
To check if your TV is compatible, check the AirPlay icon on your TV. You can also visit the Apple Home Accessories web page to see if your TV supports Apple’s wireless streaming protocol.
Make sure your iPhone supports AirPlay 2
AirPlay 2 supports several older iPhone and iPad models. Check the list below to make sure your device is onboard.
AirPlay 2-Supported iPhone models:
- iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone SE 1
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S
AirPlay 2 compatible iPad model
- iPad 5 or later
- iPad mini or later
- iPad Air 1 or later
- All iPad Pro models
Note: iPod Touch 6 and 7 also support AirPlay 2.
Mirror iPhone and iPad to TV
1. First, the iPhone or iPad Connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV..
2. Next, open the iPhone Control Center.
- For iPhone / iPad without home button: Swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to display the Control Center.
- For iPhone / iPad with home button: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center.
3. Then tap Screen mirroring icon.
4. Next, Apple TV or AirPlay-2 compatible smart TV..
5. If displayed AirPlay passcode On the TV screen Enter your passcode on your iPhone / iPad And hit all right In a pop-up.
It’s done! Screen mirroring will begin immediately and your iPhone or iPad will appear on your smart TV. Now everything you do on your iOS device is mirrored to your TV. In particular, you can switch your iOS device from landscape to portrait to reproduce that quick movement on your TV.
Stop mirroring your iPhone or iPad to your smart TV
1. Swipe down from the upper right corner or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display the device’s Control Center.
2. Next, tap the screen mirroring icon,[ミラーリングの停止]Select an option.
Stream video from iPhone and iPad to TV
Streaming video from your iPhone or iPad to your TV is just as easy. However, if you want to stream video with SharePlay, you need to use Apple TV.
Note: Some video apps may not be compatible with AirPlay. If you can’t use AirPlay with your video app, check the Apple TV App Store to see if that app is available.
1. To get started, connect your iOS / iPad OS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV.
2. Go to the app or site and find the video you want to stream to your Apple TV.Then tap AirPlay icon.. Note that you may need to tap another button first to see the AirPlay icon.For example, in the Stock Photo app, you need to tap Share icon Select first AirPlay With a share sheet.
3. Next, Choose an Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV In the menu you are all set! Now enjoy video streaming on the big screen.
Later, if you want to stop streaming the video to your TV, go to the app and AirPlay icon..
Prevent iPhone / iPad from being automatically streamed to AirPlay devices
If your iOS device automatically streams video on your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible smart TV, you can choose to stop streaming on your device or use AirPlay on another device.
- Go to Video app Tap AirPlay icon With the upper left corner Please select another device Also Press the icon again Stop streaming.
Mirror iPhone to TV without AirPlay
What if my TV is not compatible with AirPlay-2? Rest assured that thanks to streaming devices such as Chromecast and Roku, you can mirror your iOS device to an unsupported TV. With the help of streaming device software, it’s very easy to set up your mobile device and mirror it to your TV.
Stream videos and easily mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your TV
Here’s how to stream your favorite videos or mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your TV. With the launch of AirPlay 2, it’s now much easier to send content from your iOS device to a supported TV. If your TV doesn’t support AirPlay, streaming devices such as Chromecast can fill in the blanks at no additional cost. That said, please share your thoughts on what you can evaluate with this guide and AirPlay 2.