The built-in camera for video conferencing on the Apple Watch has long been on the wishlist of many users (including mine). But if you think the lack of a camera means you can’t make FaceTime calls on your Apple Watch, you’re probably underestimating the features of this smartwatch. In particular, there are several ways to make FaceTime audio calls on watchOS 8. So let’s see how to make a FaceTime call from your watchOS device.
Make FaceTime audio calls on your Apple Watch (2021)
Apple Watch Built-in microphone and speaker This allows smartwatches to provide a unique calling experience. The smartwatch also supports both cellular and Wi-Fi connections. Thanks to its clean integration with iOS devices, you can easily transfer FaceTime calls from your Apple Watch to your iPhone. This is yet another plus from a flexibility standpoint. That said, let’s take a closer look and see how it works.
Make FaceTime calls on your Apple Watch using Siri
The Siri Voice Assistant makes it very easy to make FaceTime audio calls on your Apple Watch. Follow the steps below.
- To get started Call Siri Use the “Hey Siri” command. or, Press and hold the digital crown Or hit Siri widget Trigger the Apple Watch voice assistant on your Siri watch face.
2. When Siri comes out, you need to say: “FaceTime [name of your contact]”.. For example, I pointed Siri at “Face Time Akshay”.
3. Please! The smartwatch makes a FaceTime audio call to the specified contact.
Make FaceTime calls using the Apple Watch Phone app
Making FaceTime calls using the Phone app on your watchOS device is just as easy. Follow the steps below.
1. First, start Phone app On Apple Watch.
2. Then tap contact address When Please select a contact You want to call
3. Then tap phone The icon below the contact’s name.
4. Finally, tap FaceTime audio Options, and you’re all set!
Transfer FaceTime calls from Apple Watch to iPhone
As mentioned above, you can transfer an ongoing FaceTime audio call from your Apple Watch to your iPhone. And well, the process is pretty straightforward.All you need to do to do that Tap the green phone button It’s in the upper left corner of the iPhone during a call. Calls are immediately transferred from your Apple Watch to your iPhone so you can continue your conversation without any problems.
Make FaceTime calls on your watchOS device
That’s almost it! I want to equip my Apple Watch with a camera for video conferencing on the go, but I was impressed with the smartwatch’s ability to provide a decent FaceTime audio calling experience. Speaking of FaceTime, Apple has revamped its iOS 15 video calling service with some notable features. This includes the ability to watch movies and TV shows with friends in FaceTime, share your screen in FaceTime, and use FaceTime on Android and Windows. What do you think of these exciting developments? Let us know in the comments section below.