If you have been looking for a way to jailbreak your Firestick, you have landed just on the right page. This is where you’ll learn comprehensively how to jailbreak your Amazon Firestick without any issues.
Amazon Firestick has recently gained a lot of popularity when it comes to streaming devices. Owing to its app selection, quicker responses, and A grade video quality, it has become one of the most preferred devices for your multimedia needs.
Firestick helps you to stream content from a variety of sources. Plus the relatively lower prices and simplified jailbreaking process, has landed it into the wishlist of many.
But then why Jailbreak what is Jailbreaking? Let’s get deep down to the rabbit hole and get familiar with the entirety of Jailbreaking Firestick.
What Is Jailbreaking FireStick
Jailbreaking is simply a process through which you open up your firestick to get access of the huge catalog of content available on the web. You simply pass the stipulations imposed by the device to avert any installation of third-party software.
By doing so, you get away in into a gigantic pile of free movies, TV series, sports, live TV and much more.
In a jailbreak process, you install such applications that are not available on the Amazon App Store. But Jailbreaking Firestick is different than jailbreaking iOS.
In other words, during Jailbreak, you hack the Firestick device in order to gain access to the world of entertainment out there without causing any harm to its mainframe.
And the best part is that jailbreaking is safe and legal unlike jailbreaking iOS! So, you’re not committing any crime when you try to jailbreak your Firestick unless you are streaming copyrighted content.
How To Jailbreak Amazon Firestick
The process of jailbreaking Firestick isn’t a tough nut to crack but also isn’t a piece of cake. Here are the simple instructions that you must follow in order to successfully jailbreak your Firestick.
But before jumping straight onto the jailbreaking part, you should do some alterations beforehand in order to prepare for the jailbreaking.
- Go to the home screen of Firestick. From the menu bar on the top, click on the “Settings” option.
- Toggle over to “My Fire TV“.
- From the options that pop-up, choose “Developer Options”.
- Switch ON the first option “ADB Debugging”.
- Next, you need to Switch ON the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option. When the warning box appears, click on “Turn on”.
- Go back to the settings page. Now, select “Preferences”.
- Go to the “Privacy Settings” screen again. First, turn OFF the “Device Usage Data” option and then turn OFF the “Collect App Usage Data”.
This will prevent sharing the user data after jailbreak.
8. Now, go back to the previous page and you will find the “Data Monitoring”. Select that and turn it OFF.
9. Go back to the Preference screen and click on “Featured Content”.
10. You’ll find 2 options there – Allow Video Autoplay and Allow Audio Autoplay.
Turn OFF both of them .
You have jailbroken your Firestick and now it is ready to install applications not available on Amazon App Store.
The motive of Jailbreaking is to install and run third-party apps on Firestick device which obviously you won’t find on the Amazon App Store. For that, you need an application that allows you to do so!
In android, you can use a browser but in Firestick, we need a catalyst to install the jailbreak apps. “Downloader” is the easiest and most efficient app at our disposal, so we’ll be doing it using the Downloader app.
- Go to the home screen. Click the Search option on the top-left corner of the screen.
- On the search window, type “Downloader”.
- Click on the Downloader name in the suggestions that will be displayed below.
- On the next screen, click on the Downloader icon.
- Then, press Download or Get depending on what you see on the next screen.
- Wait until the app gets downloaded and installed.
- Now, click on Open to launch the app.
You can now install any streaming app as you please for enhancing your streaming experience with Firestick. Your device is all set to welcome new guests.
Here is the process of Jailbreaking Firestick with Kodi for you to follow in order to install Kodi successfully on Firestick.
- Open Downloader.
- Click on the spot where it asks you to “Enter the URL of the website you want to load or file you want to download”.
- Paste this URL in there – https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
- Click on GO.
- Click on the first link and wait for the Kodi Leia app download to complete.
- Once done, you need to install it and for that, click on Install here. All you have to do is to wait until the Kodi apk gets installed. You will receive a notification saying the installation is completed.
At last, your Firestick is Jailbroken now!
I hope you know how to Jailbreak the Firestick process completely now. Jailbreak isn’t the process of turning the settings off but involves the installation of third-party apps to successfully amplify your experience and uplift the content pool of your device.
You can’t find a lot of options on Amazon Firestick but it is for sure that once you know how to Jailbreak, you can elevate your entertainment to the next level.