Microsoft has made it easier to experience Windows 11 through the Windows Insider Program. You can easily upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 through the development channel without having to set everything manually. In fact, Windows Insider Beta users can now seamlessly receive Windows 11 updates. But with that said, if you like a clean install of Windows, flashing Windows 11 from USB is a good option. This means you’ll run out of temporary and remaining files for a faster and smoother experience. Therefore, if you want to install Windows 11 from USB, follow the step-by-step guide below.
Install Windows 11 from USB: Complete Guide (2021)
We first explained how to create a bootable USB for Windows 11 and then how to do a fresh install of Windows 11 on your PC. You can expand the table below to go to the relevant sections.
Create a Windows 11 bootable USB
It’s easy to use, so use Rufus to create a bootable USB for Windows 11. If you find Rufus unnecessarily complex, you can find other Rufus alternatives in the list. Apart from that, I assume you already have a copy of the Windows 11 ISO image. Now let’s learn how to create a bootable USB for Windows 11.
1. First, connect the USB thumb drive to your computer. Then when you start Rufus, the USB device will be selected automatically. next,”selectClick to select the Windows 11 ISO image. We recommend running Rufus on the same PC where you will install Windows 11. This allows Rufus to automatically preselect the correct value based on your system configuration.
2. Before creating a bootable USB on another computer, it is recommended to check the partition scheme of the target machine. Press the “Windows + X” keyboard shortcut to open Disk Management. Now right-click on Disk 0 and open Properties. So Switch to “Volume” and check the partition style, GPT or MBR? For example, mine is GPT.
Note: Upgrade to Windows 11 requires GPT partition style, so you can refer to the linked article to learn how to convert MBR to GPT disk without data loss.
3. In Rufus, I chose “GPT” under “”.Partition scheme“. You need to choose the partition scheme accordingly. Finally, leave everything at the default and click Start. When the flash process is complete, close Rufus and connect your Windows 11 USB stick to your target machine.
Clean install Windows 11 from bootable USB
1. You need to restart your computer to install Windows 11 from USB. When your PC boots, you need to do the following: Start pressing the boot key Continuously.
Note: On HP laptops, press the “Esc” key at boot time to display the boot menu. For other laptops and desktops, you need to look for the boot key on the internet. Must be F12, F9, F10, etc.
2. Then press “F9” (keys may vary by laptop / desktop). Open “Boot Device Options”.. Now select the thumb drive you created and press Enter.
3. Now launch the Windows 11 installer setup.[次へ]->[今すぐインストール]Click.
4. On the next page,I don’t have a product key“.
5. Then you may be asked to Select Windows 11 edition.. If Windows is using an activated laptop, the edition will be automatically selected based on the previous configuration.
6. Next, “custom“This allows you to install Windows 11 on a specific drive. This way you don’t have to erase the entire disc.
7. When the partition page appears, check the following: “C” drive Based on the drive size, click Next to install Windows 11 on your PC. This will only wipe the C drive, which contains programs and files from Desktop, My Documents, Downloads, all inside the C drive and will not touch any other partitions.
Note: If you encounter MBR related errors, please follow the guide to convert MBR to GPT disk without data loss.
8. Finally, Windows 11 will be installed From USB to PC.
9. After installation, your PC will restart automatically. During the boot process, Remove the USB thumb drive, You will see the new out-of-box (OOBE) setup for Windows 11.
10. If you are using Windows 11 Home during the installation You cannot create an offline account. You need an active internet connection to sign in to your Microsoft account. Yes, this is one of the absurd system requirements of Windows 11. However, if you are using another Windows 11 edition, you can use the offline route: Sign-in options-> Offline account-> Limited experience.
Note: After signing in, home users can remove their Microsoft account from Windows 11 and use a local account instead.
11. Please! You have successfully installed Windows 11 from your computer’s USB drive. Now, try all the new features of Windows 11 on your computer. It includes a new central start menu. Microsoft Store redesigned to support Android apps, Widgets, new action centers, voice input and more.
Fresh install Windows 11 from your PC’s bootable USB
Here’s how to create a bootable Windows 11 USB stick and install Microsoft’s new desktop operating system on your computer. This process is very similar to installing Windows 10 from a USB thumb drive. If you’re new to installing Windows, you can follow the steps in the guide to get Windows 11 running right away. Anyway, it’s all from us. Follow the linked tutorials to disable the newly launched widget feature, or to disable the Microsoft Teams chat icon in the Windows 11 taskbar. Also, if you want to see the complete list of keyboard shortcuts for Windows 11, please see here. Finally, if you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below.