With the announcement of Windows 11, Microsoft has made it easier for the general public to access the initial release of the Windows 11 Insider build. You can seamlessly upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 with just a few clicks. However, this also means that all junk and temporary files will be carried over to Windows 11. This can clutter the experience and cause bugs. Therefore, if you want to remove all the remaining files from Windows 10 and free up disk space after upgrading to Windows 11, follow a nifty guide.
Free up disk space after upgrading to Windows 11 (2021)
Here are three convenient ways to free up disk space after upgrading to Windows 11. The first two methods are similar, but they can be accessed from different interfaces, and the last method allows you to delete all the remaining files created by your app. You can expand the table below to go to the relevant sections.
Method 1: Clean up junk files through Windows settings
1. First, press the Windows 11 “Win + I” keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app immediately. here,”System-> Storage“.
2. Next, “temporary file“.
3. Windows 11 computer takes a long time to process all the files and within 1 minute you will see all the files that can be deleted to free up disk space. here, Uncheck “Download” Because there may be some valuable files over there.
4. Next, “Previous Windows installationAnd select Windows Update Cleanup, and select them as well. These take up a lot of disk space, so make sure they are checked before proceeding.
5. Next, “Delete fileButton, that’s it. Windows 10 temporary files and all remaining files will be deleted immediately, freeing up a lot of storage on your Windows 11 PC.
Note: These files can be safely deleted, but you cannot seamlessly return to Windows 10 after deleting them. Follow the linked tutorials for more information on how to roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10.
[設定]of[ストレージ]In the section, you can also delete large files and unused apps very easily. Therefore, if you want to free up space on your Windows 11 PC,[設定]->[システム]->[ストレージ]We recommend that you go to and uninstall the apps you no longer use. It’s also useful to remove large numbers of video files and app installers that you no longer need.
Method 2: Use the built-in CleanManager
1. Press the “Windows + R” keyboard shortcut to open the run window.Enter here
cleanmgr Press Enter.
2. A pop-up window will appear asking you to select a drive. Select “C” drive Click OK. After upgrading to Windows 11, the Disk Cleanup Utility will start scanning your PC for temporary files that consume disk space.
3. Next, “Clean up system filesIn the next window that appears. ” You may see the same popup as above again. Select the “C” drive and press Enter.
4. Now scroll down to “Previous Windows installationAnd Windows Update Cleanup options. Make sure they are selected and click OK. If you don’t need these files, you can enable other optional checkboxes.
5. Finally, all the files you no longer need will be deleted from your Windows 11 PC to make sure you have the required free disk space.Note that performing this action also means you too You can’t easily go back to Windows 10.. You need to manually install Windows 10 from the USB drive.
Method 3: Delete temporary files in Windows 11
You should be able to free up most of your Windows 11 PC’s disk space using any of the above methods. However, if you want to delete all temporary files dumped by your app while Windows 10 is running, follow these steps:
1. Use the “Win + R” shortcut to reopen the Run window.Enter now
%tmp% Press Enter.
2. It is under the “Temp” folder. Select all and delete Immediately. Some of these files cannot be deleted because they may be used by some active apps and can be excluded. This procedure eliminates the complexity of your Windows 11 PC.
Delete all temporary files and clean up Windows 11 disk space
Therefore, these are three ways to free up disk space after upgrading your PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11. We know that a clean install of Windows 11 from USB is the best way to get a clean and smooth experience. However, users who have upgraded through the Windows Insider Program may, frankly, have a large number of junk files that they don’t need. Anyway, it’s all from us. If you want to know about the new focus session feature of Windows 11, or if you want to know the IP address of your Windows 11 PC, please visit the linked tutorial. Also, if you have any questions or can’t delete the junk file, please let us know in the comments section below.