Twitter serves a huge number of viewers. You can follow people from different disciplines to find out what they are doing. However, it can be difficult to keep track of everyone tweeting in a particular genre. Or you may want to follow only a specific topic instead of following many users. For the same reason, Twitter introduced a “topic” in 2019.
But how do you benefit from using this feature? This article will show you how to follow and even unfollow a topic on Twitter using your iPhone or iPad. let’s start!
There are four ways to follow a topic on Twitter. We have listed all the methods so you can decide which one is best for your needs.
- 1 How to follow Twitter topics from your iPhone or iPad
- 2 How to unfollow a Twitter topic from your iPhone or iPad
- 3 Bonus: Remove “Recommended for you” notifications
How to follow Twitter topics from your iPhone or iPad
1. From the home timeline
When you browse the Twitter Home timeline, you may come across topics that suit your interests. In such cases, just tap. follow The button next to the topic name.
2.[あなたのために]From the tab
- Tap Search icon (Second icon) Next to the home screen.
- choose for you Click the tab to scroll down.
- When you come across a topic, tap it follow..
Note: There may be no recommendations on Twitter here.
3.[トピック]From the tab
- your Profile photo Choose topic..
- here we go, suggestion..
- In this tab topic You want to follow.
4. Follow topics from other users’ profiles
- Other visits User profile..
- Tap 3 dots (…) Upper right.
- Tap View topicAnd follow what you want.
The general concept of pop-ups, advertisements, and things pressed against your face without subscribing to a service is annoying. And the recommendations on Twitter topics are no exception. It may be useful for some people, but not for others (including me).
So if you accidentally follow something and want to unfollow it, read on.
💡 Hint: It’s a hassle to tweet something, and people all over the world keep getting closer to you. If you’re tired of trolling people in the Reply Tweets section, learn how to keep your Twitter account private.
There are multiple ways to unfollow all recommendations on Twitter. Method is as follows.
How to unfollow a Twitter topic from your iPhone or iPad
1. From Twitter home
When you browse the Twitter Home timeline, you may see tweets below the topics you follow, or Twitter may recommend these topics.
- Tap Topic name → Continue..
- next, Unfollow..
2. From topic options
- Open twitter..
- your Profile photo..
- select topic..
- Tap Continue Next to the topic you want to unfollow → Unfollow..
Unfortunately, you can’t unfollow all topics at once. Therefore, you need to repeat the steps for each topic you want to unfollow in the list.
In addition, if you come across topic suggestions in your feed and don’t want those recommendations, tap see next → Stop recommending..
This topic will no longer appear in your feed.Follow the same every time you see Recommended topics In the feed.
However, this only turns off topic recommendations based on your likes and categories. Interest-based recommendation notifications will continue to be displayed. Continue reading to disable them.
Bonus: Remove “Recommended for you” notifications
The following methods work for both mobile apps and web browsers. However, ignore the first step in your web browser.
- your Profile photo..
- select Settings and privacy..
- Move to notification → Environmental setting..
- Tap Push Notification..
- Then scroll down From the Twitter section..
- now, Deselect Options that you do not want to receive notifications.
We hope this guide will help you understand how to follow and unfollow topics on Twitter using your iPhone and iPad. What do you think of Twitter’s general recommendations? Do you find them useful? Share your thoughts in the comments below.