After introducing long-awaited features such as Recycle Bin, Nearby Share, and Phone Hub on Chromebooks, Google is developing another great feature of Chrome OS, system-wide noise cancellation. Yeah, you read that right. You can now block background noise on your Chromebook regardless of whether your app or website provides noise suppression natively. So if you want to know how to enable system-wide noise cancellation in Chrome OS, follow the quick guide below.
Enable system-wide noise cancellation on Chrome OS (2021)
Noise cancellation for the entire system Currently not available on stable or beta channels Of Chrome OS. Also, although not widely available to development users, some users have received a noise canceling option. This feature is currently in testing and is only available on the Chrome OS Canary channel. We do not recommend going to the Dev or Canary channel to test this feature. However, you can follow the tutorial to see if it has a noise canceling feature and learn how to use it on your Chromebook.
1. First of all Copy the following path Paste it into the address bar of Chrome. Now press Enter.You can also go to
chrome://flags Manually search for “noise canceling”.
2. Next, enable the “Input Noise Cancel UI” flag from the drop-down menu. Then restart your Chrome browser for the changes to take effect.
3. After rebooting, Chromebook will support the cancellation of background noise system-wide. Then open the “Quick Settings” menu and Arrow button Next to the volume bar.
4. Here you will find speaker and microphone input and output options, as well as the ability to enable noise cancellation on Chrome OS.However Turn on the toggle, And you have it. You can also switch the primary input device to enable noise cancellation for that particular device, as you did with the Oppo Enco W51 earphones.
5. If the system-wide “Noise Cancel” toggle is not available on Chrome OS devices In-app options For now, it is provided by the video conferencing app. You can use Microsoft Teams to enable noise cancellation. You can also enable Zoom and Google Meet.
Suppress background noise on Chromebooks
Here’s an easy way to enable system-wide noise cancellation options on your Chromebook. This feature is not limited to popular video conferencing services, but also works for all websites that require the use of a microphone for voice communication. Very useful for students, teachers and researchers. We hope that Google will introduce this requested feature into the ChromeOS Stable build as soon as possible. Anyway, it’s all from us. For tips and tricks on Chrome OS like this, see the linked article. Also, if you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below.