Recently, Microsoft has added some promising new features to Windows 11 that users have been waiting for for years. Microsoft has enabled tabs in Windows 11’s File Explorer that most users will love. A list of upcoming Windows 11 features, including a new Task Manager UI, a new Bluetooth menu, and more, has already been compiled. Check the list for more information. By the way, the tabbed UI in File Explorer is currently hidden in Windows 11, but here’s a tutorial on how to turn this feature on right away. So let’s go ahead and learn how to enable tabs in Windows 11 File Explorer without delay.
Enable Tabs in Windows 11 File Explorer (2022)
1. The option to enable tabs in File Explorer is available with the latest version Windows 11 build (22572, March 9th) On the Dev channel. Therefore, make sure you subscribe to the Dev channel of the Windows 11 Insider program and update to the latest OS build.
2. Next, you need to do the following: Set up ViveTool, This will allow you to get the tabs in File Explorer. Open this link to download the latest ZIP file.
3. Right-click on the ZIP file and from the context menu[すべて抽出]Select an option. Next, right-click the extracted folder and select “Copy as path“Optional.
4. Then open a command prompt Administrator privileges.. To do this, search for “CMD” in Windows Search and select the “Run as administrator” option. It is important to open a command prompt with administrator privileges. Otherwise, you will get an error while running the command to enable tabs in Windows 11 File Explorer.
5. In the command prompt window, type:
cd When Paste the path I copied it above. Right-click on the CMD window and paste the path. It should look like the screenshot below. Note: The file path depends on your PC. Use this command to navigate to the ViveTool folder in the command prompt.
6. Finally, Execute the following command.. This will enable the new tabbed UI in Windows 11 File Explorer. Then restart your PC.
vivetool addconfig 34370472 2
7. And here it is — the File Explorer tab, Works fine on Windows 11. The ability to rearrange tabs in File Explorer is not currently supported and you cannot pull out tabs to create another window (as you can in most best Windows browsers). A specific folder. This feature is currently half-baked, but we hope Microsoft will improve it before releasing it to all stable users.
File Explorer tabbed UI is finally here in Windows 11
Here’s how to make tabs work in Windows 11 File Explorer. You no longer need to use the popular third-party file app (free) to use the tabbed interface in File Explorer. Anyway, it’s all from us. Follow the linked tutorials to enable the new Bluetooth menu in Windows 11 Quick Settings. Also, if you want to prevent the Windows 11 taskbar icons from merging, there is a nice workaround for that. Finally, if you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below.