Apple released watchOS 8 public beta to preview the latest features before its official release later this year. Anyone with a compatible Apple Watch and iPhone can get this update, but be aware that there may be bugs and other issues.
In addition, you cannot downgrade to watchOS 7. If you want to continue, this article will show you how to download and install watchOS 8 Public Beta 2. Here’s what you need:
- Apple Watch Series 3, 4, 5, 6, or SE
- IPhone 6s or later running iOS 15 Beta
What’s new in watchOS 8?
Here are some of the cool new watchOS 8 features:
- Respiratory rate monitoring in sleep tracking
- A mindfulness app that combines breath activity and reminders to take quick and careful breaks to “reflect” throughout the day.
- Support for photo memories and highlights, and share images via iMessage and email.
- New portrait watch face.
- Support for AirTag tracking in Find My.
- Share music from Apple Music via message.
- You can control the message more finely, such as turning the digital crown to move the cursor.
- New training.
To start investigating these and other improvements, learn how to download and install watchOS 8 public beta 2 on your Apple Watch, as described below.
Note: We do not recommend installing iOS 15 Beta and watchOS 8 Beta on your primary device. This is because beta bugs and performance issues can render your device unusable. In addition, you cannot roll back to watchOS 7 after installing watchOS 8 Beta.
How to enroll and enroll your device in watchOS 8 Public Beta 2
The first step in downloading watchOS 8 Public Beta 2 is to enroll and enroll in Apple’s Public Beta Program. Method is as follows.
- Go to the Apple Beta Program website on your iPhone paired with your Apple Watch.
- Tap sign up..
If you have signed up before, tap Sign in Skip to step 5 below.
- Enter your Apple ID Email Street address And password..
- Tap Sign in..
- Go to beta.apple.com on the paired iPhone you want to register.
- Tap watchOS tab.click Register your Apple Watch..
- Tap download profile..
- select To give permission When asked for permission to install a profile.
- Tap Installation start.
- Please enter your ~ passcode If you are prompted.
- Tap Installation Hit the top Installation confirm one more time.
- hit Reboot Restart your Apple Watch to complete the process.
How to install watchOS 8 public beta 2 using Apple Watch
After the registration process described above, follow the steps below to get the watchOS 8 public beta.
- On Apple Watch, Setting → General..
- Tap software update..
- Tap Download and install → Hit OK..
- Open to see App On your iPhone.
The installation process will begin.
How to install watchOS 8 public beta 2 using iPhone
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network.Then open View app will go My watch tab.
- Move to General→ Software update.
- Tap Download and install.
- Please enter your iPhone passcode..
- Make sure your Apple Watch is at least 50% charged and connect it to the magnetic charger.
- Tap Installation On your iPhone or Apple Watch.
When will the final version of watchOS 8 be released?
We can expect some more beta versions of watchOS 8 in the coming months. The official final version of the update may be released in early fall 2021 for all supported Apple Watch models.
Of course, the final version is free and you don’t need to enroll in the beta program.
This completes the process of downloading watchOS 8 Beta 2 to your Apple Watch. If you’ve tried the beta, let us know what you think in the comments below.