Apple announced watchOS 8 beta for developers at WWDC 2021. It boasts new features such as breathing rate monitoring in sleep tracking and the Mindfulness app, which takes minutes to “reflect” a combination of Breathe activity and reminders throughout the day.
Plus, you have more control over messages such as turning the digital crown to move the cursor, and other cool additions such as new workouts and new portrait watch faces.
To get started exploring these great features right away, learn how to download and install watchOS 8 Beta 3 on your Apple Watch.
- Apple Developer account.
- Apple Watch Series 3 and later models have more than 50% power and are connected to a charger.
- Paired iPhone 6s or later running iOS 15 Developer Beta and connected to a strong Wi-Fi network.
How to download watchOS 8 Beta 3 to Apple Watch
To get the latest watchOS 8, you first need to get the watchOS developer beta profile on your paired iPhone as follows:
- Open Safari Log in to developer.apple.com on your paired iPhone
- Tap Discover Then tap watchOS..
- Tap download..
Alternatively, you can log in to developer.apple.com on your Mac or PC, download the file, and email it to your iPhone account.
- When prompted, Apple ID..
- Next to watchOS 8 Beta, tap Profile installation..
- Tap To give permission When asked for permission to install a profile.
- Tap Installation Start the download process.
- When prompted, passcode..
- Tap Installation To confirm.
- Tap Reboot Restart your Apple Watch to complete the process.
How to install watchOS 8 Beta 3 on your Apple Watch
The beta certificate downloaded above indicates that watchOS 8 is available for the Watch app on the iPhone. Once the Watch app detects an update, you can install it as usual using the steps below. If you don’t see the beta, restart your Apple Watch again.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a robust Wi-Fi network to see App.
- In My watch Tab, tap General..
- Tap Software update..
- Tap Download and install..
- Please enter your mobile phone passcode..
- Connect your Apple Watch to a magnetic charger and make sure it’s at least 50% charged.
- Tap Installation On iPhone and Apple Watch.
When the process is complete, your Apple Watch will restart to apply the update. You can check the progress on the screen of Apple Watch.
Did the watchOS 8 update fail? Please try the above process again. If it fails repeatedly, unpair your Apple Watch, repair it, and try again.
Can I downgrade from watchOS8 Beta 3 to watchOS7?
If you want to know how to remove the watchOS 8 beta profile, please note that you can’t do this individually. You need to contact Apple and have them help with it. Therefore, you only need to download watchOS 8 Beta if absolutely necessary. If you have any other questions, please share them in the comments below.