On Twitter, you may come across a video that needs to be saved to your camera roll. The official Twitter app and website make it easy to save images, but there is no official way to download videos locally. Fortunately, there is a workaround.
Here’s the easiest way to download Twitter videos to your iPhone and Android.
3 easiest ways to download Twitter videos on iPhone
1. Use a third party website
- Copy the tweet link: Open twitter → Tap share Icon under Tweet → Tap Copy the link.. You can do the same from your browser.
- Go to DownloadTwitterVideo.com on your iPhone or iPad.
- Paste the URL here and Download MP4..
In most cases, your ad will open in a new tab. Close this tab.
- Tap right click And select ‘Save the link as …’
- Tap download..
- You can check the status by tapping the download button on the upper right. When the download is complete, tap the video.
- Then tap share Icon for sending this video to your friends via other apps.
- Or tap Save video To save it to you Photo..
Note: You can also use apps such as Documents by Readdle and other Twitter video download websites. However, the websites listed above and Safari play that role, so you usually don’t need to download third-party apps. You can use the same website as above to download Twitter videos to your computer.
2. Use shortcuts
The above method is easy. However, due to advertising (and possibly server failure), it’s a good idea to look for another solution. This is a great option that is quick, ad-free and does not require you to copy the link. Instead, you need to add a third-party shortcut to your iPhone.
To download Twitter videos to iPhone using shortcuts, please follow the steps below.
- Use Safari to access tvdl.app and tap Get a shortcut..
- Tap addition Untrusted Shortcut..
- Open twitter Tap the share icon below the video tweet.
- Tap Share via …
- Tap TVDL v3.1 (This number may vary from you to you.).
- When the notification appears, tap all right..
- Select and tap the desired video quality all right..
- Allow access to shortcuts Photo Allows you to save the video locally. And you’re done!
Note: For the first lap, you only have to follow steps 6-8.
3. iOS Quick Fix: Record tweets on screen
If you just want to send memes to friends who don’t have Twitter and aren’t interested in the best video quality, Screen recording try it.
For setup and usage details, see our complete guide on how to screen record on your iPhone and iPad. When you can use iOS Screen recordingJust record a video tweet, Photo..
From here, share it with your friends like any other video.
How to download Twitter videos on Android
You can download Twitter videos to Android using the same web-based method as iPhone. Alternatively, you can install a third-party application specifically designed for this purpose from the Google Play Store.
I explained the second method in detail. This is because the work is easy. To get started, follow these steps:
- Install Twitter Video Download for Free Play store..
- Open twitter Access the video tweet you want to save.
- Small tap share Icon → Share tweets … → Select Download twitter..
- When prompted, grant the required permissions. Select a video quality (HD = high resolution, which is the best video quality; SD = standard definition.) When the video starts playing, tap. return button.
- The download will start immediately.You can check your file Photo gallery..
You can also tap share Add an icon here to send directly to various chat apps.
If you use Twitter via your browser instead of the app, here’s how to download the video:
- Open the Twitter video in your browser.
- Tap share Icon → tap Copy the link to the tweet..
- Open Download Twitter video Paste the app and the link there.
- Tap download The icon at the bottom right. Then select the video quality and the download will start immediately.
You know how to easily download Twitter videos to iPhone and Android. Which method is best for your needs? Please let us know in the comments below.
If you have other iOS shortcuts for downloading Twitter videos, please share them in the comments below. Also, if you have any questions about Apple, please let us know.
Other useful Twitter related posts: