In addition to the developer beta for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS Big Sur, and watchOS 7, Apple has also released a developer beta for tvOS 14. Developers may be considering installing tvOS 14.7 Beta. The process is not as simple as other platforms, but it is possible. Continue to find out how to download tvOS14.7 Developer Beta 5.
tvOS14 compatible device
Any model that can run tvOS 13 can be updated to tvOS 14.
- Apple TV HD (4th generation)
- Apple TV 4K (5th generation)
what do you need?
- Latest version of Xcode and Apple Configurator
- Latest version of macOS
- Connect your Mac and Apple TV to the same WiFi network
Then follow the steps below to download and install tvOS14 on your Apple TV.
How to download tvOS 14.7 Developer Beta 5 on Apple TV HD and 4K
- First, open Safari on your Mac, go to the Apple Developer download page, and enter your developer account username and password. next, Download the tvOS beta configuration profile.
- Then connect your Apple TV to a power source and turn it on
- On Mac Start Xcode.
- select window → Devices and simulators In Xcode
- Then click device.
- It’s time to launch Setting On Apple TV
- select Remote control and device afterwards Remote apps and devices. Here, Apple TV looks for a pairing device. Your Mac will appear in the list of pairing devices
- Xcode for Mac. You can now select your Apple TV from the left column below Discovered
- You will find Apple TV connection request.
- The verification code will appear on your Apple TV.Enter the code and click Connect
- When you pair Xcode with your Apple TV, you’ll see a network icon next to your Apple TV in the left column.
- Start on mac Apple Configurator.
- Users setting up Apple TV for the first time need to click prepareThen follow the instructions on the screen
- If you’ve already set up your Apple TV and have added a profile, you’ll need to click. add to → Profile.
There is another option to add a profile. Drag the profile from the Finder and drop it on the Apple TV icon.
You have successfully configured tvOS 14.7 Developer Beta 5. You can now download and install it like any other update.
How to install tvOS 14.7 Developer Beta 5 using restore image
If you own an Apple TV 4th Generation, you can use another method to install tvOS 14.7 Developer Beta 5. Apple explains how to do this on the support page where you need to click on the tvOS tab.
Regular users have to wait for Apple to release a public beta. As with previous software updates, Apple will release several beta versions before the final release. What do you think about tvOS 14?Listen to it in the comments section below