What you need to know about macOS12 Monterey Developer Beta
- Be sure to back up your Mac before installing macOS Monterey.
- To keep your data safe, we recommend that you download and install the macOS Monterey Developer Beta Update to your partition.
Apple’s latest macOS iteration, macOS Monterey, is finally revealed. Designed to enhance connectivity, sharing and creativity, it improves FaceTime, messages, Safari, notes, notifications, continuity and more.
For a hands-on experience and exploring new features, here’s how to download macOS Monterey Developer Beta 3 to your Mac. But before that, make sure you have a compatible Mac and make a backup.
Mac supported by macOS Monterey
Below is a list of compatible devices where you can download the latest macOS updates.
- MacBook 2015 or later
- MacBook Pro 2015 or later
- MacBook Air 2015 or later
- Mac mini 2014 or later
- iMac 2015 or later
- iMac Pro 2017 or later (all models)
- Mac Pro 2013 or later
Not sure about the exact model of your Mac?click Apple logo → About this Mac..
Now that you know your device supports the latest macOS updates, let’s move on and make sure you back up your device.
How to backup Mac
The overall process is very simple and safe, but the developer beta is prone to bugs and other issues. Therefore, it is recommended that you make a backup to keep your data safe and healthy.
In addition, this helps you downgrade to macOS Big Sur if you encounter issues during or after the update.
Here’s how you do it
- Connect an external hard drive or SSD to your Mac.
- click Apple icon Select System Preferences..
- here, Time Machine Click Select a backup disk To choose you drive.
- click Use disc Start the process.It is recommended to select the check box next to it Encrypt backup Before moving on.
- Select the check box Show Time Machine in the menu bar..
- Then select the Time Machine icon in the top menu bar and Backup now..
And that’s all. Time Machine will start the backup process in a minute or two. There is no external storage device. Check out this post for other ways to securely back up your macOS device.
How to download macOS Monterey Developer Beta 3
- Go to developer.apple.com Discover tab.
- select Mac OS Click download..
- Login When prompted, use the developer account credentials.
- Click to download the latest macOS Monterey Developer Beta Install the profile.
- Open download (Or the folder where the folder files are saved by default).
- Double click macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg Open it.
- Then double click macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg Run the installer.
今、あなたは見るべきです ソフトウェアの更新 画面。 そうでない場合は、 アップルのロゴ → システム環境設定 → ソフトウェアの更新。
ここに、macOSMonterey開発者ベータオプションが表示されます。 クリック 今すぐアップグレード。 インターネットの速度によっては、ダウンロードに時間がかかる場合があります。
注意： 更新ウィンドウが表示されない場合は、コンピューターを再起動して、[ソフトウェアの更新]Please access the section again.
How to install macOSMonterey Developer Beta 3
When the macOS Monterey Developer Beta is downloaded, you will be prompted to start the installation process.
- click continue..
- select I agree Follow Apple’s Terms of Service.
- click Installation (You may need to leave some space for the installation).
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to install macOS Monterey.
Please be patient as the installation process can take a considerable amount of time.Jump to for detailed instructions Introduction section Less than.
Install macOSMonterey Developer Beta 3 on partition
As mentioned earlier, beta versions of software are vulnerable to bugs and related issues. Therefore, we recommend that you install the beta on your secondary device or partition your Mac’s storage to keep your data safe.
If you don’t have a partition on your Mac, read this article to create one easily. Also download the developer beta as above.
- Click when the download is complete continue From the installation window.
- click Agree and confirm..
- Then click Show all discs Select a partition.
- click Installation Start the process.
Here you can choose a clean install to start from scratch, or you can use the installation helper to transfer the current OS information.
Get started with macOS Monterey Developer Beta 3 on Mac
When the installation is complete, your Mac will restart with the all-new macOS Monterey. However, here are some steps you need to complete first before exploring a new OS.
- click continue
- Sign in with Apple ID and password Synchronize your data and other information with iCloud.
- click Introduction..
And just like that, your Mac boasts the latest version of macOS.Don’t forget to show it off and share your screenshots with us on Instagram or twitter page.
If I’m not a developer, can I get macOS Monterey Beta?
Well, there are third-party websites like betaprofiles.com that offer developer profiles for free. Simply download the profile and install it as described above.
However, this option can be risky for both data and the device. Therefore, we recommend that you join Apple’s developer program or skip the developer beta and choose a public beta that will be released in the next few days.
What do you think of this latest macOS update? Share your opinion in the comments section below.