Apple has finally released macOS 12 Monterey Public Beta 3. It includes all-new Safari, shortcut apps, universal controls, quick notes, FaceTime and other exciting features. If you don’t know how to download and install macOS Monterey Public Beta 3 on your Mac, you’ve stepped into the right place.
This is a complete guide to get you started with macOS Monterey. First, make sure your device supports updates.
A complete list of devices supported by macOS Monterey
- Mac Mini 2020
- MacBook Pro and Air (M1, 2020)
- iMac M1 (2021)
- MacBook Pro 2015 or later
- MacBook Air 2015 or later
- MacBook 2016 or later
- Mac mini 2014 or later
- iMac 2015 or later
- iMac Pro 2017 or later (all models)
- Mac Pro 2013 or later
To find out the exact model of your Mac Apple logo Select in the upper left About this Mac..
How to download macOS12 Monterey Public Beta 3
We recommend that you back up your device before downloading and installing the beta profile. This ensures your data is safe even if you downgrade to macOS Big Sur.
- Go to beta.apple.com.
- click sign up Register your device or Login If you are already a member, please use your Apple ID and password.
- choose Mac OS Click the tab and scroll down Register your Mac section.
- click Download macOS Public Beta Access Utility When to approve The download will start.
- Open download The folder where the folder or browser file is downloaded.
- Double click macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg Open it.
- Double click again macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.pkg Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You may now be prompted to make a Time Machine backup. If already completed all right → continue..
- click continue Click again to read and accept Apple’s Software License Agreement Agree..
- click install, Enter your Mac password, Install software..
- When the download is complete,Installation was successful‘When the screen appears, click Choose.
- This will pop up the software update screen.click Upgrade Now..
Depending on the speed of the internet, the download may start and may take some time. When you’re done, install the update.
Note: If the update screen does not start automatically, Apple logo → System Preferences → Software update..
How to install macOS Monterey Public Beta 3 on Mac
- The installation window should pop up automatically.click continue..
- Now select the drive / partition where you want to install the beta and click continue.
- Enter your Mac password and click unlock..
- click Reboot If your Mac doesn’t restart automatically.
When your Mac restarts, you may be prompted for your Apple ID and password.
Need to download macOS Monterey Public Beta 3?
Beta is potentially problematic. Apple itself states that it can be accompanied by errors and inaccuracies and may not run as smoothly as commercial software. In addition, we recommend that users download the beta to secondary devices or non-critical partitions.
However, the benefits of testing and discovering new features always call on my geek side.
In addition, there is some joy in reporting bugs to Apple! Ultimately, you will have to weigh the strengths and weaknesses yourself. Also, if you have spare device or storage for the partition, it’s a situation that benefits both.
So do you want to download macOS Monterey Public Beta or wait?
Whatever your decision, we are there for you! From covering all the great features to revealing hidden features, troubleshooting common problems, and sharing hacks for productivity, our team will be on macOS in the next few days. Covers every aspect of Monterey. So stay tuned!
Do you have any questions related to the new update? Share them in the comments section below.