Apple has released the iPad OS 14 at WWDC 2020. This brings many improvements to messages, handwriting, Siri, widgets, home apps and more. If you’re a developer, you might be excited to get it on your iPad. Here is a complete step-by-step guide that shows you how to download iPadOS 14.7 Beta 5.
iPad OS 14 compatible device
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11 inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7 inches
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Before you start:
- Back up your iPad. It’s important to back up and archive devices running iPadOS 13. This ensures that your files and data are available if you later downgrade from iPadOS 14.
- Use a secondary device: The developer beta is very buggy.If you have an additional iPad, try installing it on it
- Have your Apple ID developer account details ($ 99 / year) ready.
How to download iPadOS 14.7 Developer Beta 5
- Open Safari on your iPad and go to Developer.apple.com
- Scroll down and tap Download the resource. Log in with your developer account credentials.
- Scroll down and tap Profile installation Next to the iPad OS 14 beta. You may see a pop-up similar to the following: ‘This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this? “..Tap Allow. Then tap close From the popup.
- Open now Setting App and tap I downloaded the profile. Tap Installation And Please enter your passcode.
- Follow the process.It includes tapping Installation Twice.
- Then your iPad may ask you Reboot. Tap it to set the required changes in order.
After rebooting, the process of downloading and installing iPadOS 14 is the same as a regular software update. Let me show you how.
How to install iPadOS 14.7 Developer Beta 5
- Open Setting App → Tap General.
- Tap Software update.
- The pending iPad OS 14 beta is displayed.Tap Download and install.
The process starts. Wait for the download to complete. Then get ready for the update. Setting up is easy with the iPadOS 14 Developer Beta installed. You may need to enter the Apple ID password used on this device. Now you are ready to try out the new features.
This is a way to download and install iPadOS 14.7 Beta 5 using your developer account. We hope you find this quick guide useful.
You may also like to read: