With an impressive collection of features designed to enhance the user experience and enhance security, macOS Monterey is worth upgrading. Approximately a month after releasing the developer beta build, Apple released macOS Monterey Public Beta, allowing enthusiasts and tech geeks to try out the pre-release software. If you want to test new features in the latest version of macOS, follow this detailed guide to download and install macOS Monterey Public Beta on your Mac.
- 1 Download and install macOS Monterey Public Beta (2021)
- 2 Install the public beta to see what’s new in macOS Monterey
Download and install macOS Monterey Public Beta (2021)
Keep in mind that beta software contains a significant proportion of bugs and issues. Therefore, be prepared to deal with unexpected issues such as rapid battery drain, random restarts, app crashes and more. Therefore, the best way to test the beta version of macOS Monterey is to install it on your secondary device. This allows you to explore all new features and keep your workflow uninterrupted. With that in mind, let’s dive right away.
How to make a backup of your Mac
Be sure to make a backup of your Mac before proceeding. If you haven’t done so already, use Time Machine to protect all your personal data. Backup data is very useful if you have problems during the installation, or if you want to downgrade back to macOS Big Sur. Also, make sure your Mac is compatible with macOS 12.
- To back up your data, connect an external storage device to your Mac.
- Then open Time Machine Settings from the menu bar or select Apple Menu-> System Preferences-> Time Machine. afterwards,”Select a backup diskClick and follow the instructions to back up your macOS device.
How to register for macOS Monterey Public Beta
It’s worth pointing out that if you’ve participated in the Apple Beta Software Program in the past, you don’t have to re-enroll.If you’ve tried macOS Public Beta before, skip to “How to Download macOS Monterey Public Beta Access Utility” The following section.
1. Open Safari on your Mac and go to beta.apple.com.
2. Next, “sign upIf you have never signed a beta program in the past.
3. Next, Please enter your Apple ID and password Sign up to participate in Apple’s public beta testing program.
How to register your Mac and download the macOS Monterey Public Beta Access Utility
Registering for an account makes it easy to enroll your Mac in the macOS Public Beta Test. Follow the steps below.
1. Launch Safari on your Mac and go to beta.apple.com. Then sign in with your Apple ID password.
2. Next, “Mac OSThe “” tab is “Public Beta Guide” section.
Note: The process of installing the public beta of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15, and watchOS 8 is very similar. Simply select each tab and download the beta profile for that OS to your device. You can then install the beta with a few simple steps.
3. Next, “IntroductionIn the section,Register your Mac“Link.
4. Next, “Download macOS Public Beta Access Utility“option.
How to install macOS 12 Monterey Public Beta on Mac
1. Next, in Finder[ダウンロード]You need to open the file from a window and double-click on the macOSPublicBetaAccessUtiliuty.dmg package to run the installer.
2. Next, “continue” It’s at the bottom. Then you will be asked to make a backup. If you didn’t back up your Mac, follow the prompts. If it’s already running, skip the prompt.
3. Next, accept the software license agreement. “continueContinue again.
4. Next, “I agree“To confirm.
5. Next, “Installation“.
7. You will be prompted to enter Administrator password.. Do it and say “Install software“” Is displayed in the pop-up window.
8. Once the installation is complete, you can:closeMacOS Monterey Public Beta Utility.
9. Next, the software update settings will be displayed and a pop-up similar to the following will appear. “Are you sure you want to download macOS Monterey Beta 12.0?” Now,”download“button.
9. Finally, “Update nowClick to start installing macOS Monterey Public Beta on your Mac.
10. Now let your Mac device download and install macOS 12 Monterey. Please wait for a while as it will take some time.
Once the update is installed, your Mac will run the new macOS Monterey beta update. Then follow the prompts to set up your Mac. Then explore all the cool new features like live text, new shortcut apps, Safari tab groups and more. The long-awaited universal control feature that allows you to seamlessly use your Mac mouse and keyboard on your iPad isn’t in this public beta release.
Install the public beta to see what’s new in macOS Monterey
Well, that’s it! Now that you have macOS 12 Monterey Public Beta installed on your Mac, you can move on and explore all the new features in the pre-release software. As mentioned above, beta software usually has many bugs and issues. So be prepared to run into these unexpected problems. If you come across something weird or worth sharing, please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.