Instagram recently announced plans to make WhatsApp available as a two-factor authentication method for users to log in to the platform. In this article, you will learn how to get an Instagram login code on WhatsApp. If that’s what you’re interested in, go ahead and find out how to use WhatsApp for Instagram Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
Use WhatsApp for two-factor authentication on Instagram
Before we get started, it is worth mentioning that the WhatsApp-Instagram2FA feature is being rolled out in stages. Therefore, you may not see this feature immediately in your Instagram account. That said, we’ve also added another way to set up Instagram two-factor authentication using the authentication app.
How to get an Instagram login code on WhatsApp
This section links your WhatsApp account to your Instagram account and demonstrates the complete process for receiving 2FA code in your messaging app in the future. The procedure remains the same for Android and iOS. This tutorial uses an Android device. That said, see the steps below.
1. Go to your Instagram profile and tap the three horizontal dot menus in the upper right corner. next,”ConfigurationClick to access your Instagram settings.
2. From the list of options displayed, Select “Security” and tap “Two-factor authentication” On the next screen.
3. If you haven’t set up 2FA on Instagram before, you’ll see a feature description banner.Then tap “Introduction” Turn on WhatsApp toggle Below the “Choose a security method” header. This will start the process of setting WhatsApp as Instagram’s two-factor authentication method.
4. You should now Add a WhatsApp phone number Tap “Next”. Shortly thereafter, you will receive a 6-digit code from WhatsApp’s official Instagram business account. Enter the code and click Next to see WhatsApp as an Instagram2FA method. From now on, Instagram will send a login code to your WhatsApp account when you log in.
5. For those who are interested, the WhatsApp message from Instagram looks like this:
Note: If you receive a WhatsApp message claiming to be someone on Instagram, please do not share your personal information.
Other Ways to Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram
If you no longer use WhatsApp, you can also set up 2FA for your Instagram account using two other methods. You can use the two-factor verification app or use your phone number to receive the verification code as an SMS. We recommend using 2FA apps such as Authy (free | Android, iOS) and LastPass Authenticator (free | Android, iOS) as they are more secure than traditional SMS verification systems.
1. Go to Instagram settings and go to Security-> 2-factor authentication “Authentication app (Recommended)“toggle. Then tap Next to open the authentication app of your choice and link to Instagram. If you haven’t used the 2FA app in the past, we recommend using Authy.
2. When you link the 2FA app to Instagram, you’ll see a 6-digit login code. Copy the code from the authentication app and paste it into Instagram to see the new authentication method. You can now log in to your Instagram account using the 2FA app code.
Link WhatsApp to Instagram for two-factor (2FA) authentication
So this is how you use your WhatsApp account as Instagram’s two-factor authentication method. This method helps to reduce the clutter of your SMS inbox and make your 2FA verification process more secure. The latter is especially true because WhatsApp can be locked with Face ID or fingerprints. In the meantime, you’ll also need to review the article to enable two-factor authentication on Facebook and Twitter. For more information on such tips, see Instagram’s Best Tips and Tips article.