Microsoft r—e—b—r—a—n—d—e—d has released a widget on Windows 11 overhauling news and interest features. Rumors suggest When Microsoft eventually opens the Widgets panel for third-party app developers, the only Windows 11 widgets currently available are Microsoft’s own weather, stocks, photos, and news panels. If you don’t want to see the widget panel, here’s how to disable the widget in Windows 11.
- 1 Disable widgets on Windows 11 (2021)
- 2 Hide the widget button on the taskbar of a Windows 11 PC
Disable widgets on Windows 11 (2021)
In this article, we have detailed 4 ways to remove widgets on Windows 11 PC. Choose the method you are familiar with and follow the steps to remove the widget in Windows 11.
Windows 11 Widgets: What do they look like and how do they work?
As mentioned above, the Flyout Widgets panel in Windows 11 is a restart of the news and interest features first introduced in Windows 10. In Windows 11, you can access the widget using a dedicated taskbar shortcut (white and blue icons). .. It is to the right of the virtual desktop button on the Windows 11 PC taskbar. You can also use the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut Win + W to open the widget panel.
The News and Interests widget only opened a pop-up window showing the weather, latest news, and stock updates, while the former opens a huge flyout panel from the left. It may be a little overwhelming for new users. However, the widget panel shows the time and has a search bar at the top. Then there’s a cascade of widgets that show calendar events, weather, traffic updates, Microsoft To Do lists, OneDrive photos, sports and stock news, and more.
In addition, Microsoft allows you to customize the layout of the widget panel. In Windows 11, you can easily add and remove widgets, reposition and resize widgets, and customize the content you provide. This all sounds good, but the widget panel is dull and now. So let’s see how you can go about it.
- First, right-click the widget icon from the taskbar and select “Hide from taskbar“Optional. This is the easiest way to remove widgets in Windows 11.
2. As you can see in the image below, after this simple adjustment, the widget button disappears from the taskbar.
Disable Windows 11 widgets from taskbar settings
You can also go to the taskbar settings and disable the Windows 11 widget. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Right-click anywhere on the taskbar Select “Taskbar Settings”..
2. Next,[タスクバーアイテム]In the section Turn off the “widget” toggle, That’s it. Removed widget button from Windows 11 taskbar.
Hide widgets in Windows 11 using the Windows Settings app
1. Another way to disable the widget button is to use the Settings app. Open the Settings app, switch to the “Personalize” tab, Click “Taskbar”..
2. Follow the steps above to go to the taskbar settings page. Now you need to turn off widget switching so that it disappears on your Windows 11 PC.
Remove widget in Windows 11 using Registry Editor
Last but not least, power users can use the Registry Editor to disable widgets on their Windows 11 computers. The mechanism is as follows.
1. Enter “regedit” (without the quotes) in the Windows Search bar to open the Registry Editor. You can also use the keyboard shortcut “Win + R” to open “Run” and type “regedit”.
2. When the registry editor opens, go to the following path and Find “Taskbar Da”:
2. Double-click “Taskbar Da” Change the value data field to “0”.. Click OK to restart your computer.
So this is how to remove widget button from Windows 11 taskbar. If you don’t like the widget, you can also disable the Microsoft Teams chat icon on the taskbar to turn off the recommended notifications in Windows 11. If you want to test a stable version of Windows 11, see our guide on how to install Windows 11 Beta now. This tutorial is almost complete. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know in the comments section below.