With the announcement of Windows 11, Microsoft not only announced an overhauled UI, but also introduced some other new features throughout the operating system. One of them is the convenient Microsoft Teams chat integration into the Windows 11 taskbar. You can also easily open a consumer Teams chat with this feature, which is also accessible from the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut Windows Key + C. However, if you’re not the biggest fan of chat integration, here’s how to disable the Microsoft Teams chat icon in the Windows 11 taskbar right now.
Disable Microsoft Teams Chat Integration in the Windows 11 Taskbar (2021)
There are multiple ways to hide the new Microsoft Teams flyout from the taskbar. We have elaborated on all the methods, and you can go with what you are comfortable with. Now let’s take a look at the steps to hide Microsoft Teams Chat from the Windows 11 taskbar without further delay.
Hide the Microsoft Teams chat icon using the taskbar context menu
The easiest way to hide the new chat integration in the Windows 11 taskbar is to do it directly from the taskbar itself. Right-click on the new chat icon (purple icon with camcorder glyph) and Select the Hide from Taskbar option.
As you can see in the image below, the chat icon disappears from the taskbar and you can continue to enjoy all the features of Windows 11 as before.
Disable Microsoft Teams chat icon using taskbar settings
1. Another way to disable the Microsoft Teams chat icon is from the taskbar settings. Right-click anywhere on the taskbar and Select “Taskbar Settings”..
2. The taskbar settings page is displayed.From here you can Disables “chat” switching under taskbar items Remove the chat feature from Microsoft Teams on the Windows 11 taskbar.
Remove the chat icon from the taskbar using the Windows Settings app
You can also use the Settings app to remove the new chat icon from the taskbar. This method is similar to the previous method, but may be useful for novice users. Therefore, follow these steps to disable Chat from Teams integration on the taskbar.
1. Open the Settings app and from the left sidebar[パーソナライズ]Go to tab and Click “Taskbar”..
2. You can do this Disable “chat” toggle Disable Microsoft Teams integration on the Windows 11 taskbar.
Disable Teams chat icon using Group Policy Editor
If you use the Group Policy Editor to disable the feature, you can do that too. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open Run using the keyboard shortcut “Windows + R” and open Type gpedit.msc.. When I try this on Windows 11 Home, I get an error. However, you can follow the guide to enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Home Edition. This works fine on Windows 11 as well.
2. When the Group Policy Editor opens, Click “Computer Configuration”..
3. Next, Go to “Administrative Templates” From computer configuration.
4. You should now Open the “Windows Components” settings From the next page.
5. From the list of items Double-click on “Chat” Configure chat from Microsoft Teams integration in the Windows 11 taskbar.
6. Well, Click “Set chat icon on taskbar” Set preferences.
7. By default, the status is displayed as “Not configured”. Set to Enabled and change state to “Disabled”..[適用]Don’t forget to click to close the dialog box and restart your Windows 11 PC.
Note: If you select “Disable” directly as described in the help box, this feature works according to the OS defaults and is enabled by default.
The Microsoft Teams icon on the Windows 11 taskbar seems useful – why would someone disable it?
Now that we know how to disable chat from the taskbar, at least some people may wonder why someone disables this nifty chat feature. After all, it looks neat and gives you quick access to chat, right? Well, yes, that’s where things get complicated. Please let me explain.
Microsoft is now Market Windows 11 Taskbar Chat Integration as an Exclusive Feature To a team for consumers. This means that you need a personal Microsoft account to use this chat feature, not a work account. It may change in the future. But for now, you can call this feature sophisticated advertising to drive your team’s consumer recruitment.
No matter how Microsoft wants the team to be a platform for everyone, it’s essentially a workspace chat and video conferencing platform. In fact, those who use Teams on a regular basis will know how the default Teams ringtones remind us of work meetings and online classes. Even if Microsoft adds a flashy chat pop-up, at least in my opinion, it’s unlikely that the perception of the service will change among the average user.
Then there is the network effect. Successful consumer-centric services require a solid user base. This user base comes from either early adopters who are interested, recommendations from colleagues, or anyone who is seriously interested in exploring services. Therefore, if you don’t think you can convince your friends and family to switch to Microsoft Teams for personal chat, we recommend disabling this feature. What do you think? Tell us your thoughts on a consumer-centric team in the comments.
Remove the Microsoft Teams chat icon from the Windows 11 taskbar
This is the end of the article. We hope this tutorial will help you get rid of the new chat feature of Microsoft Teams in the taskbar of your Windows 11 PC. If you found this guide helpful, check out our article on customizing the taskbar in Windows 11, turning off notifications in Windows 11, and useful Windows 11 keyboard shortcuts.