We cannot deny the fact that Facebook is less trendy and less popular than it used to be. In fact, Meta-owned social media giant lost 1 million daily users in the fourth quarter of 2021 for the first time since its inception. Whether you plan to leave Facebook or are no longer interested in using the platform, here’s how to deactivate your Facebook account on your website, Android, and iPhone.
Procedure for disabling Facebook account (2022)
The difference between deactivating and deleting Facebook accounts
Most people use these terms interchangeably, but there is a big difference between deactivating and deleting Facebook accounts.in the meantime Deactivating your Facebook account is temporary Account deletion is permanent and irreversible after 30 days.
Disabling your account also disables the Facebook page linked to your account. Similarly, if you delete your account, Facebook will delete all linked pages. In a nutshell, if you plan to take a temporary break from Facebook, you’ll need to deactivate your account. On the other hand, anyone who is permanently away from Facebook will need to delete their account.
Disable Facebook account on the web
1. Sign in to your Facebook account on the web and click the down arrow in the upper right corner to click Select “Settings & Privacy”..
2. Deployed[設定とプライバシー]From the menu Click Settings to access your Facebook settings..
3. From the left sidebar, switch to “Your Facebook Information” Click the Deactivate / Remove section..
4. Next,[アカウントの無効化]Select and blue[アカウントの非アクティブ化を続行します「。
5. Facebookは、認証用のパスワードを入力するように促します。 Facebookのパスワードを入力し、[続行]Click to proceed.
6. Now you need to choose the reason for leaving Facebook. It looks like a traditional growth hack move, but on Facebook, “This is temporary.ReturnAs a reason to leave “on the web.” Therefore, it is advisable to select one of the other options.
7. Scroll down and choose whether to continue using Messenger and opt out of Facebook email. If you are not interested, leave the check box unchecked and click Deactivate.
8. From the confirmation prompt that is currently displayed Click Deactivate Now to temporarily deactivate your Facebook account..
9. Facebook will redirect you to the login screen and prompt you to confirm that your account has been deactivated. You can sign in using your Facebook credentials and reactivate your account later.
Disable Facebook account on Android
1. Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner. Then tap “Settings & Privacy” and Select “Settings”..
2.[アカウント設定]and,[個人情報とアカウント情報]Select and Select Account Ownership and Management Shows the settings related to your Facebook account.
3. Next,[非アクティブ化と削除]Tap Select “Disable Account” toggle. When that’s done, press “Proceed to account deactivation”.
4. Now you need to select the reason for deactivating your Facebook account. Unlike Facebook on the web, “This is temporary.ReturnAs a reason for Facebook’s mobile app. ” Select a reason and use the dropdown to select a date for automatic reactivation.
5.5. Set automatic reactivation to “Do not automatically reactivate” Press “Continue”. In this way, Facebook does not automatically reactivate your account and you can choose to come back whenever you are ready.
6. As a final step, continue to use Messenger and choose whether to receive notifications from Facebook. after that, [アカウントを無効にする]Tap that’s all. You have successfully disabled your Facebook account.
Disable Facebook account on iPhone
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone and use the navigation bar at the bottom[メニュー]Switch to the tab. now, Press “Settings & Privacy” and select “Settings”..
2. Tap “Personal Information & Account Information” under Account Settings, Select Account Ownership and Management From the next screen.
3. Then press Deactivate / Delete to enable the Deactivate Account toggle. After doing this Tap “Continue to disable account”..
4. Select the reason for disabling your Facebook account and select[続行]Tap.Please be sure to select “Don’t reactivate automatically” To avoid automatic account reactivation, select an option from the next screen.
Five.[続行]Press to receive notifications and see if you want to continue using Messenger. finally, Press “Disable My Account” Disable your account on Facebook.
6. As you can see in the image below, Facebook will disable your account. You can choose to access your account by logging in with your Facebook credentials.
Q: Will I lose my friends if I disable Facebook?
No, disabling your Facebook account won’t lose anyone on your friends list. When you reopen your account, it remains connected to each other.
Q: What does a deactivated Facebook account look like to my friends?
If you disable your Facebook account, your account will disappear when you search or search your friends’ timelines. However, details such as message history with old friends will still be displayed in the chat box.
Q: How long can I deactivate Facebook?
You can revoke your Facebook account indefinitely. If you choose to delete your Facebook account instead, you will not be able to access your account after 30 days.
Deactivate to break from Facebook
Therefore, these are the steps you need to follow to deactivate your Facebook account on the web, Android, and iOS. If you don’t want to use Facebook, visit the linked article that explains how to delete your Facebook account and switch to one of Facebook’s best alternatives. On the other hand, there are also articles on how to disable your Instagram account, delete your Instagram account, and delete your WhatsApp account in case you plan to stop using all Meta-owned platforms.