Earlier last year, Discord introduced a new feature that allows server administrators to schedule events on the server. Scheduled events make it easy to organize special server events with guests in some cases. This article details the steps to create a Discord event using your desktop and mobile apps.
- 1 Create an event on Discord (2022)
- 1.1 What is a scheduled discord event?
- 1.2 How to schedule a Discord event on your desktop
- 1.3 How to create a Discord event on mobile (Android and iOS)
- 1.4 Start or edit Discord events (web and desktop)
- 1.5 Get reminders for scheduled discord events
- 1.6 How to attend or attend a Discord event
- 1.7 How to cancel a discord event
- 2 Host an event on a Discord server
Create an event on Discord (2022)
What is a scheduled discord event?
Scheduled Discord events are a feature of Discord. Helps server administrators plan events Update the server and its related members in an easy way. In this way, administrators can effectively organize voice and text channel events without much hassle.
If you are a server member, you can choose to be notified at the start of the event so you never miss an event. Also, if you’re an administrator or moderator, keep reading to see how to schedule Discord events.
How to schedule a Discord event on your desktop
1. Open the Discord server and click on its name in the upper left corner. From the drop-down menu Select “Create Event” Set up a new Discord event.
2. Now you can select a voice channel, a text channel, or add a link to host the event. Select Audio Channel if the event is set to occur within the server.. On the other hand, if the event is happening in other video calling apps such as Zoom or Google Meet, you need to select “Somewhere Else”.
3. Select the audio channel to host the event[次へ]Click to proceed.
4. You need to add event details. Details include event topic, start date and time, description, and cover image. After entering these details, click Next.
5. Discord will show you a preview of the event. After making sure all the details are correct Click Create Event to schedule the event..
6. After creating an event, you can share the event link to invite people. Please note that the invitation link will expire in 7 days.
How to create a Discord event on mobile (Android and iOS)
1. Open Discord server and Click the three vertical dot menus Next to the server name. From the currently displayed pop-up Select “Create Event” Create a new event.
2. Select the audio channel to use for the event and enter the event topic, start date and time, and description. Click Next to proceed.
3. If everything looks good in the preview,[イベントの作成]Click to schedule the event. From the next screen, you can invite people to the event. Unlike the Discord desktop, there is an option here to set the link so that it does not expire.
Start or edit Discord events (web and desktop)
1. To start a scheduled event, click the event list in the upper left corner of the server to display the event section.
2. Now the green[開始]You can start the event by clicking the button.
3. At the confirmation prompt, click Start Event to confirm the start of the event.
4. If you change your mind, click the three dot icon and[イベントの編集]You can select to change the schedule of the event.
Get reminders for scheduled discord events
1. As a participant, you can choose to turn on notifications for upcoming Discord events. To get started, click on the event list in the upper left corner of the server.
2. Click the “interested” bell icon from the pop-up that appears to set everything.If you do that, Discord will Notify when the host initiates an event..
3. You also have the option to add the event to your calendar. Available integrations include Google Calendar, Yahoo, and Outlook. You can also download the ICS file and manually import it into your calendar app of your choice.
How to attend or attend a Discord event
1. To participate in an ongoing Discord event Click the green “Join” button From the upper left corner of the server.
2. If you closed the active event prompt, click the event indicator in the upper left corner to see the list.
3. From the event list, you can: Click the “Join” button Participate in the event. If the event is set to a voice channel, enter the server’s voice channel to participate in the event.
How to cancel a discord event
1. To cancel a Discord event, click the event indicator in the upper left corner of the server to open the event list.
2. Click the three horizontal dot menus[イベントのキャンセル]Select to cancel the event.
3. When the confirmation prompt is displayed, Click Cancel Event again Cancel the event.
Host an event on a Discord server
Frequently hosting events on your Discord server will ensure active participation and attract new users to your community. If you’re looking for ways to make your server more attractive, don’t forget to check out our list of the best Discord bots to enhance your server.