Windows 11 is certainly feature-rich, but it can run without fuss because it sometimes requires maintaining Microsoft’s latest desktop operating system. We already have a guide on how to accelerate Windows 11, but we will provide a dedicated tutorial on how to clear the cache in Windows 11. In this guide, you can free up valuable storage on your Windows PC and fix app related things. , Network, and Microsoft Store issues. Now let’s learn how to clear the cache in Windows 11 without wasting time anymore.
- 1 Clear the Windows 11 cache (2022)
- 1.1 Clear Windows 11 cache from settings
- 1.2 Clear Windows 11 cache using Disk Cleanup
- 1.3 Clear app cache on Windows 11
- 1.4 Flush DNS cache on Windows 11
- 1.5 Clear Microsoft Store Cache on Windows 11
- 1.6 Automatically clear Windows 11 cache using StorageSense
- 1.7 Clear the Windows 11 cache using a third-party program
- 2 Delete cache files from Windows 11 to free up space
Clear the Windows 11 cache (2022)
In this tutorial, we have shown you 7 ways to clear the cache in Windows 11. These methods not only free up space, but also help fix most problems (if you are facing) on your PC. Expand the table below and move to the section of your choice.
Clear Windows 11 cache from settings
The easiest way to clear the cache in Windows 11 is to use the Settings app. Microsoft includes an all-in-one menu where you can find all cache and temporary storage files that are consuming your computer’s space. From here, you can seamlessly clear the cache of your Windows 11 computer and free up space. Here’s how.
1. First, press the Windows 11 “Win + I” keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app. next,”System-> Storage“.
2. Next, “temporary file“.
3. Windows 11 computer takes a little time to process all the files and within 1 minute you will see all the cached files stored on your computer. In addition to that, you’ll also see download folders, Windows Update cleanup, and more. here,”downloadClick “” and then “Delete file“Button. That’s it. All cached files are deleted, whether related to the program or Windows Update.”
Note: Please note that after deleting Windows Update files, you will not be able to seamlessly return to Windows 10. Therefore, follow the linked tutorials for more information on how to roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10.
Clear Windows 11 cache using Disk Cleanup
If you’re an old-fashioned user like me and want to clear your Windows 11 cache using traditional Disk Cleanup (or Clean Manager) tools, it’s easy to do. This tool is similar to what you get in the Windows 11 Settings app, but provides a more familiar interface for veteran Windows users. Follow these steps to quickly access the Disk Cleanup tool and clear the cached items in Windows 11.
1. Press the “Windows + R” keyboard shortcut to open the run window.Enter here
cleanmgr Press Enter.
2. A pop-up window will appear asking you to select a drive. Select the “C” drive Click OK.
3. Next, “Clean up system filesIn the next window that appears. ” You may see the same popup as above again. Select the “C” drive and press Enter again.
4. Then scroll down and select all cached items such as temporary files, thumbnails, indexed logs, etc. You can also use this tool on your Windows 11 PC to delete cache files related to Windows Update. Finally, click “OK” to complete.
Clear app cache on Windows 11
When you use the app on your Windows 11 PC, the cached files are saved in a temporary folder (also known as the Temp folder) on your Windows 11 computer. Your app may not clean up these files and may use a lot of storage. Therefore, to manually clear the app cache in Windows 11, delete the files in the Temp folder. The mechanism is as follows.
1. Open the Run window using the “Win + R” keyboard shortcut.Now type:
%tmp% Press Enter.
2. It is under the “Temp” folder. Select all and delete.. Some of these files cannot be deleted because they may be used by some active apps and can be excluded. This method clears most app caches on your Windows 11 PC.
Flush DNS cache on Windows 11
Apart from app caches, Windows Update caches, thumbnail caches, etc., there is a DNS cache that Windows 11 stores to quickly retrieve domain names from IP addresses. If the website is not open, you need to clear the DNS cache to fix the network problem on your Windows 11 PC. In this section you will learn how to flush the DNS cache in Windows 11 and rebuild DNS in the future.
1. Press the Windows key once and type Command Prompt. next,”Run as administratorClick “” in the right pane to open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
2.[コマンドプロンプト]When the window opens, run the following command to flush the DNS cache on your Windows 11 computer. now, Restart your PCthat’s all.
Clear Microsoft Store Cache on Windows 11
The Microsoft Store keeps the right amount of cache in Windows 11 to quickly display search results and provide a great user experience. However, if you run into issues with the Microsoft Store not working or you can’t download apps on Windows 11, clear the cache to see if the issue goes away. Here’s how you can keep up with it.
1. Press “Windows + R” to open the run window. Here,
wsreset Press Enter.
2. This is Flash instantly Microsoft Store cache for Windows 11. Try downloading your favorite app again.
Automatically clear Windows 11 cache using StorageSense
If you don’t want to manually delete all cached and temporary files in Windows 11, you can use StorageSense to automate this process. Periodically find and delete redundant files to free up space on your PC without hassle. The setting method is as follows.
1. Press the “Windows + I” shortcut to open the Settings app.Now move to System-> Storage..
2. Here, “Storage sense“That’s it. Windows 11 will clear the cache in the background.
3. The Storage Sense feature provides customization options for choosing how long to keep the cache and temporary files on your PC. Click “Storage Sense” Configure a cleanup schedule On the next settings page. You can choose to run this tool daily, weekly, or monthly when storage space is low. You can also use this tool to enable the option to periodically delete the contents of the Recycle Bin and Downloads folder.
Clear the Windows 11 cache using a third-party program
Many users prefer CCleaner to clearing the Windows 11 cache. However, we don’t recommend it because the CCleaner app is adware at this point. In fact, Microsoft recently added CCleaner to its list of “Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA)”. Alternatively, we recommend using BleachBit, a free open source program. You can clear the cache from the system or apps such as Google Chrome and VLC. Here is how to use it.
1. Go ahead Download BleachBit From that website using this link. Then install the application using the downloaded EXE file.
2. Next, open the app and select the cached items listed under the various apps. You can also remove temporary files and other types of junk items from your Windows 11 PC. after that,”prettyClick the “” button at the top and you’re done.
Delete cache files from Windows 11 to free up space
Therefore, these are seven different methods you can use to clear your Windows 11 PC cache. It includes all the ways to remove temporary cache files from your computer, from OS-level caches to app data, DNS and Microsoft Store caches. Anyway, it’s all from us. If you want to enable tabs in Windows 11 File Explorer, there is a nifty guide linked here. Also, if you want to set Windows 11 taskbar icons not to be combined, follow the tutorial. Finally, if you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below.