So-called Internet front pageBy default, Reddit assigns new users a generic username like this: Misfortune-Round436 also Introduction Secret7.. Of course, usernames are not forced to be assigned, and all users are free to choose a username. However, many users miss the overview and are looking for a way to change their username at a later stage. So if you’re one of them, we’ll show you how to change your username and display name on Reddit.
Guide to changing usernames on Reddit (2021)
Reddit claims to have at least 52 million daily active users worldwide. However, that “recommended username” often confuses new users. Therefore, you often want to change your username. So if you’re also considering changing your Reddit username to something more personal, read on. This article describes how to change your username and display name in Reddit on both your app and your website.
Things to remember before changing your username on Reddit
The first and most important thing to know about changing your Reddit username is that you can only change your username if suggested by Reddit. Only if your account is relatively new and you haven’t used it for too long. However, if you’ve already selected a custom username, or have been using Reddit for some time, you can’t change your Reddit username.
On the other hand, you can change your Reddit “display name” at any time, regardless of your username status. Your display name will appear on your profile page, but all posts, comments, and replies will continue to use your existing username. If you don’t want that, the only way to permanently delete your Reddit username is to delete your Reddit account. And you can start anew with a new account.
Steps to change your username using the Reddit app (Android and iOS)
Note: The screenshot below is from the Reddit Android app, but the steps are the same for iOS...
- Launch the Reddit app and sign in to the account whose username you want to change. So Tap your profile avatar Select’in the upper left cornerMy profile‘In the slide-out menu.
Note: As already mentioned, this account is a new account and you must have a username recommended by Reddit to perform the following steps:..
- Reddit will ask you to confirm whether you want to continue with the username assigned by Reddit or change to a new username. Tap “Change Username” Enter the selected user name.When you’re done, it’s in the upper right corner[次へ]Click.
- Finally, tap “”Save username‘Check the action and change your username on Reddit. The new username will be reflected in posts and comments on the platform as well as on the profile page.
Change the display name of the Reddit app (Android and iOS)
If you can’t change your username in Reddit, just change your display name. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the Reddit app Tap your profile avatar Located in the upper left corner.Then tap’from the slideout menuMy profile‘Optional.
- On the next page, tap “”Profile editing‘ button. You will be given the option to change the display name.
- You can change the display name to any name within the 40-character limit.Be sure to press’saveWhen you’re done, click the’button in the upper right corner. The new display name will be reflected on the profile page.
Change the display name of the Reddit website
To change the display name on the Reddit website:
- Log in to the Reddit website Click on your profile avatar Located in the upper right corner.From the drop-down menu, select’profile‘.
- On the next page Gear icon (Settings) Next to the profile avatar.
- This will give you the option to change the display name. Change it to 40 characters or less as you like. Your changes will be saved automatically.
- When you return to your profile page, you’ll see a new display name instead of your username.
Note: If you don’t see the new display name, reload / refresh your profile page to remove the cached content..
You can easily change your username and display name on Reddit!
As you can see, changing usernames and display names on Reddit is easy for both apps and websites. Now, change your username and display name to whatever Reddit has access to, and let us know how easy it was. Meanwhile, as a Reddit user, check out other Reddit-related guides, such as how to disable the “Open in App” prompt in Reddit and how to hide your online status in Reddit.