In Windows 11, the lock screen displays a 12-hour clock by default. It’s convenient for most people, but some prefer to use the 24-hour clock instead. If you are one of them and want to spend your military time, you are in the right place. In this article, we have detailed how to change the lock screen clock format in Windows 11.
Lock screen clock format change in Windows 11 (2022)
Change the lock screen clock format from the settings app
1. Open the Settings app using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Win + I” and open it. Switch to the Time and Language section From the left sidebar.
2. Next, Click “Language & Region” Access the settings related to the time format.
3.[地域]In the settings,[地域の形式]Unfold and Click “Change Format” Change the time format.
4. Next,[長時間]Click the drop-down list next to and select an option in AM to use the 12-hour format. You can also use the one without AM for a 24-hour lock screen format.
5. Restart your PC to see the new 24-hour format on the lock screen. See the 12-hour and 24-hour clocks on the Windows 11 lock screen below.
Change the lock screen clock format from the control panel
1. Press the Windows key and type “Control Panel”. From the results, click Open to open the control panel.
2.[時計と地域]With the settings of Click Change Date, Time, or Number Format Change the date format of the lock screen of Windows 11 PC.
2. Click the drop-down list next to “Long time” If you need a 24-hour clock, select “H: mm: ss” or “HH: mm: ss”.. On the other hand, to use the 12-hour system, you need to use h: mm: ss tt or hh: mm: ss tt.
3. After setting the desired format, click Apply to confirm your changes. After that, restart your PC.
Q: Can I change the lock screen clock position in Windows 11?
No, you cannot change the lock screen clock arrangement in Windows 11. The clock remains in the center of the lock screen.
Q: How to remove time from Windows 11 lock screen?
You cannot disable time from the Windows 11 lock screen.
Q: How to change the lock screen clock font in Windows 11?
In Windows 11, you cannot change the lock screen clock font directly. Instead, you need to change the system font.
Set 24-hour clock on Windows 11 lock screen
Changing the clock format makes it easier to understand the time on your PC, especially if you are accustomed to a particular time format. On the other hand, if you want to tinker with your Windows 11 PC to get the most out of it, don’t forget to check out the article on the best Windows 11 settings to change.