When confronting the constant threat of fraud, it is always rewarded with an additional layer of shield. Perhaps the best way to avoid being a prey to hacking is to say goodbye to guessable passwords such as 1234 and 4321 that cause problems with both hands. No one wants to deal with difficult passwords, but creating and managing strong security code has become an easy task on iOS. Needless to say, you no longer have to rely on third-party tools for code generation and authentication. Therefore, if you are ready to increase the security of your account, we will show you how to easily change your password on your iPhone and iPad.
- 1 How to change password on iPhone and iPad (2022)
- 1.1 How does password management work on iOS and iPad OS?
- 1.2 Change Apple ID password on iPhone and iPad
- 1.3 Change app and website passwords on iPhone and iPad
- 1.4 Change lock screen password on iPhone and iPad
- 1.5 Set a custom alphanum passcode on your iPhone and iPad
- 1.6 Set a 4-digit passcode on your iPhone and iPad
- 1.7 Change your voicemail password on your iPhone and iPad
- 1.8 Use the built-in password authentication system on iOS and iPad OS
- 2 Easily change passwords for iOS and iPad OS
How to change password on iPhone and iPad (2022)
How does password management work on iOS and iPad OS?
Thanks to iCloud Keychain, password management has never been a hassle between Apple devices. Deeply integrated into the Apple ecosystem, the built-in password manager allows you to update app and website passwords, Wi-Fi network information, and credit card information across devices (support, iOS 7 and above, iPadOS 13 or later, OS X 10.9 or later).
In addition, iCloud Keychain provides security recommendations to prevent your security code from being compromised. The built-in password manager keeps track of passwords and alerts you if they are found in a known data breach. When combined with this seamless experience with 256-bit AES encryption in transit and in transit, iCloud Keychain leaves little room for complaint.
Change Apple ID password on iPhone and iPad
You can change your Apple ID password directly from your profile settings.
1. On iOS / iPad OS devices, Settings app Tap Your profile Located in the center of the top.
2. Here, Password and security Then tap change Password..
3. Next, Please enter the passcode for your device Then enter and confirm your new password. Finally, Change It ends in the upper right.
Change app and website passwords on iPhone and iPad
iCloud Keychain makes managing app and website passwords on your iPhone and iPad a breeze.
1. To get started Settings app Select on your device password..
2. Well, Authenticate Use Face ID / Touch ID.
3. Then you will see a long list of keychain entries.Tap Specific entry And a hit edit Located in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Well, Enter your new password in the password field And hit end Check in the upper right.
Note that you also have the option to change your password on the website.To do this, tap Change password on website Go to the website and then do what you need to do.
Change lock screen password on iPhone and iPad
When setting up your iPhone, iOS allows you to create a lock screen password for the required security. In addition, you can fine-tune your password whenever you need to ensure that you are at the forefront of security.
1. Open Settings app On iPhone and iPad.Then scroll down to select Face ID and passcode or Touch ID and passcode It depends on the device model.
2. Well, Please enter your existing passcode And hit Change passcode..
3. Next, Please enter your old passcode.. So Enter and confirm your new passcode.. Now you have to wait for a while for the passcode to be updated.
Set a custom alphanum passcode on your iPhone and iPad
For added protection, you need to set a custom alphanumerical passcode on your iPhone. The combination of numbers, letters and special characters is much more powerful and hard to guess.
1. To get started iPhone or iPad settings app-> Face ID and passcode / Touch ID and passcode-> Enter passcode-> Change passcode..
2. Next, you need to do the following: Enter your old passcode Then select Passcode option..
3. Next, Custom alphanum code Menu options.
4. Finally, Enter letters, numbers and special characters Create and validate a strong passcode.
Set a 4-digit passcode on your iPhone and iPad
From a security standpoint, 4-digit passcodes are vulnerable and should be avoided. Perhaps that’s why Apple hides it slightly in the passcode menu. If you don’t mind security threats, check out the simple steps to set a 4-digit passcode on your iOS device.
1. On your iPhone or iPad Settings app-> Face ID and passcode / Touch ID and passcode-> Enter existing passcode-> Change passcode..
2. Well, Enter your old passcode And hit Passcode option..
3. Next, 4-digit numeric code In the menu.
4. Next, Enter and confirm your new passcode..
Change your voicemail password on your iPhone and iPad
If desired, you can also set a strong password for voice mail to prevent unauthorized access.
1. Open Settings app On your iPhone or iPad phone..
2. Then tap Change your voicemail password.. Then update the password box with the new code.Finally, be sure to tap end To confirm.
Use the built-in password authentication system on iOS and iPad OS
Starting with iOS 15, you no longer have to rely on third-party apps such as Google Authenticator or Authy to manage your two-factor authentication code. Yeah, you read that right! Apple has incorporated a two-factor password authenticator into its iCloud Keychain to make it more secure to generate 2FA codes.
1. Start Settings app Select on your device password..
2. Here, Specific entry Then tap Set a verification code.. Then select the preferred method for setting the verification code.You can enter either Set the key or scan the QR code..
Considering how remarkable this feature is, we have created a detailed guide on how to set up and use the built-in password authenticator on iOS 15 and above. So if you want to know more about his security features, be sure to check.
Easily change passwords for iOS and iPad OS
So, it’s a way you can easily change your iPhone password. A strong password combination with two-factor authentication can help you protect your account. In addition, we recommend that you keep changing your password from time to time to prevent your security code from being compromised. By the way, do you have any thoughts on password management on iOS and any improvements you would like to see in this regard? If yes, we welcome your feedback in the comments section below. If you want to find out more about these useful tips, check out the rich summary of iPhone shortcuts.