If you want to protect your account from hacking, you need a strong password with two-factor authentication enabled. Given the recent epidemic of data breaches, seizing an opportunity with a weak password is like passing sensitive information to a hacker with both hands. The good thing is that it’s never too late to strengthen the security code’s safeguards. Therefore, we will show you how to change your Apple ID password on your iPhone and iPad, whether you have security recommendations that warn you that your password may be compromised or you choose a robust security code. ..
- 1 Change / Reset Apple ID Password on iPhone and iPad (2022)
- 1.1 How does password change work on iOS and iPad OS?
- 1.2 Change Apple ID password on iOS and iPad OS without data loss
- 1.3 Reset your Apple ID password using your recovery contact
- 1.4 Reset Apple ID password using recovery key
- 1.5 Reset your Apple ID password using the Apple Support app
- 1.6 Reset your Apple ID password using Find My iPhone
- 1.7 Can’t change or reset the password?This is the fix
- 1.8 What should I do after changing my Apple ID password?
- 2 Apple Apple ID Password Securely Change / Reset iPhone and iPad
Change / Reset Apple ID Password on iPhone and iPad (2022)
How does password change work on iOS and iPad OS?
If you only need to update your Apple ID password, you can update it directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac’s Profile settings. There is nothing to worry about. Please note that the password must contain at least 8 characters and must contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers. For authentication, you need the device passcode.
Interestingly, the Password section (also known as iCloud Keychain) doesn’t include an option to change your Apple ID password, which can confuse many users.
What if I forget my password and are looking for a way to reset my Apple ID password? In this particular scenario, you need to take a slightly different route to restore your account. please do not worry. We have described all possible ways to reset your password.
Change Apple ID password on iOS and iPad OS without data loss
1. Start Settings app On iPhone or iPad Tap your profile Located in the center of the top.
2. Here, Password and security..
3. Then tap change the password..
4. Next, Please enter the passcode for your device..
5. Next Enter and confirm your new password.. Please note that your Apple ID password must be at least 8 characters long and contain numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters.
6. After confirming your Apple ID password, Change Check in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Changing your Apple ID password on your Mac is just as easy.
- To update your Apple ID password on macOS Apple Menu-> System Preferences-> Passwords and Security-> Change Password.. Then authenticate with the password you use to unlock your Mac. Then enter and confirm your new password.
- It’s worth pointing out that in some cases you may be able to reset your password using a trusted email or phone number.
Reset your Apple ID password using your recovery contact
Starting with iOS 15, Apple has introduced a highly efficient iCloud data recovery service. This allows you to add someone (friends, family, etc.) as a recovery contact. If you forget your password, you can regain access to your account with the help of a recovery person.
- Head to Settings app-> Profile-> Passwords and security-> Account recovery-> Add recovery contacts..
- now, Follow the instructions Add a person as a recovery contact.
For more information on how this all-new feature works, see our detailed guide on what iCloud account recovery is and how to recover your data.
Reset Apple ID password using recovery key
You can easily reset your Apple ID password using the recovery key. For those who are unfamiliar The recovery key is a randomly generated 28-character code It allows you to regain access to your account. It’s a more secure way to reset your password, but it requires additional responsibility.
If you lose your recovery key or lose access to your device, you will not be able to regain access to your account. In this situation, even Apple can’t help you unlock your account.
- To generate a recovery key on your iPhone or iPad, go to. Settings app-> Profile-> Password and security..
- Now tap Recovery key Then turn on the toggle. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Be sure to write down the recovery key and save it in a safe place.
Reset your Apple ID password using the Apple Support app
You can also easily reset your Apple ID using your friend / family iPhone or iPad. Yeah, you’re right. This process is much easier than you think.
1. Start Apple support app On your device-> select Password and security -> Reset your Apple ID password.
- If Apple Support isn’t available on your device, download it from the App Store. This app supports iPhone, iPad, and iPad touch running iOS 14 or later.
2. Then tap Get off to a start Then tap “Another Apple ID”.. afterwards, Apple ID I want to reset my password. Then follow the instructions to change your Apple ID password.
Reset your Apple ID password using Find My iPhone
In addition to finding your lost iPhone if it’s lost or erased, the Find My app also allows you to reset your Apple ID password from your friends and family’s devices.
1. Open Find my iPhone / iPad..Then tap [自分]tab Select in the lower right corner of the screen “Help your friends” option.
2. Next,[別のApple IDを使用する]Tap, I forgot my Apple ID or password.. Then follow a few simple steps to reset your Apple ID password.
Can’t change or reset the password?This is the fix
If you can’t change or reset your Apple ID password, don’t worry, Apple has created a dedicated web page that can fix it.
1. Go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID, continue..
3. After that You can answer security questions, enter a recovery key, or check by email.. Then follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password.
What should I do after changing my Apple ID password?
After you reset your Apple ID password, you may be prompted to update your sign-in information with your current Apple service. In some cases, you may not need to update your password until the next prompt appears. In other cases, you should update your password without delay, especially if you are using certain services to share important information.
Apple Apple ID Password Securely Change / Reset iPhone and iPad
That’s all there is to changing or resetting your Apple ID password. As mentioned above, updating your password via profile settings is very easy. Therefore, you can use this simple route to update your security code. If you forget your password, there are several reliable ways to recover your account. But have any questions about changing / resetting your Apple ID password? If yes, shoot them in the comments section below.