Traveling on Minecraft is no easy task. Traveling in the water makes things even more complicated. If you’re facing the same dilemma, a guide on how to build a boat in Minecraft can help. For beginners, these are the easiest and most reliable ways to get around in-game. Later, you can also install Forge on Minecraft and use mods to upgrade your boat to a ship for a higher level. This tutorial can be run in both Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions alike. In this popular sandbox game you can use your boat to go fishing, find shipwrecks and explore the area. But before making a plan, let’s first look at how to create a boat in Minecraft.
How to Build a Boat in Minecraft: Step-by-Step Guide (2021)
Like everything else in Minecraft, building a boat starts with collecting the right materials. The best part is to find all the materials you need when spawning in almost every default world. In reality, all you need is the wood that Minecraft generously provides. However, it cannot be used as it is, so instead do the following:
Materials needed to make a boat in Minecraft
As mentioned above, you will first need a woodblock. Then you can convert the blocks of wood into wooden boards and finally make a boat in the world of Minecraft. Remember, you also need a craft table to make it all happen. That said, follow the step-by-step process below.
1. First, obtain Two wood blocks By hitting the tree until it breaks.Usually it is assigned to Left click Or the action button of the game on the PC. It doesn’t take more than 8 seconds to break a wooden block without tools. Later, if you get an ax, you can do it even faster. You can move it near the fallen block and collect it.
2. Now press the “E” or inventory button to see the woodblocks you just collected. Now, in the inventory box, Place a wood block in the craft area.. You can do that by clicking on a wood block and then clicking on an empty block anywhere in the craft area. By doing so, the wood block will move to the craft area and Give you four wooden boards.. Repeat this procedure twice to get 8 wooden boards.
3. You will need 5 wooden boards To make our boat. However, as you may have noticed, the inventory can only be created in 4 blocks.What i need now Craft table.. You can see how to create a crafting table from the linked article. However, a simple recipe looks like this:
Make sure you have now Craft table When At least 5 wooden boards In your inventory. If you don’t have woodblocks or boards, you can always go back to wood punching.
How to make a boat with Minecraft
Note that you can make wooden boards from literally any wood in Minecraft. Tree species do not affect the quality of your work. Once that’s done, let’s start building the boat.
1. Start by placing the crafting table on the ground. To do this, make sure it is selected in the inventory slot. So right click Or use the action button while looking at the ground Put it down. When you select a craft table, you’ll see a thick white border around the inventory icon.
2. After placing the craft table, right click Alternatively, you can use the action buttons. You’ll see a large 3×3 crafting area that works here, where you can assemble your boat.
3. Finally, you need to arrange the wooden boards one by one in a U shape.You can choose the board by Left click Right-click on the empty blocks in the craft area and place them individually. The final result should look like the screenshot below. And it’s done! The newly created boat will be displayed on the right side of the creation area. You can now select the boat and move it to an empty inventory slot.
How to use a boat to travel on Minecraft
Congratulations. Your boat is ready and you can embark on an expedition in the world of Minecraft. Now that you know how to create a boat in Minecraft, it’s time to learn how to use it.
1. Like the craft table, With a boat from your inventory Right click to place Or use the action key. However, all you need to do is put the boat underwater. Rivers and seas are great places to test your boat.
2. The color of the boat depends on the wood used during the production.After putting the boat in the water stream, you can Right click and enter Alternatively, use the action key on your PC.
To row a boat, you can use the same keys you use to move your character. In addition, you can use food and lead to take the livestock that are chasing you to the boat. Minecraft boats have great potential because they can be destroyed and recovered. Continue exploring.
Build your own boat with Minecraft and explore the world
Oh yeah, that’s almost it! You know all the elements you need and have recipes as well. So you have everything to understand how to create a boat in Minecraft. If you’re looking for more ideas and recipes, it’s a good idea to start with these Minecraft Discord servers. When using Minecraft, we recommend that you install Optifine to improve performance and give your game an FPS boost. Explore the vast ocean of Minecraft on your new boat. Don’t forget to share with us what you have discovered in the comments below.