Google Drive is a great platform for collaboration. However, in certain situations, you may not want to share a file with a particular user while making the file accessible to all users on the Internet. This is where the new block user feature comes in handy. This allows you to block anyone in Google Drive directly.
This is a great security addition aimed at reducing spam, unilateral demands and harassment and giving you more control. If you don’t know how to block someone with Google Drive, here are the steps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and computer.
What you need to know before blocking users on a drive:
- Blocked users cannot access the document. The reverse is also true.
- Blocking users on Drive also blocks users on other Google services and apps, such as Gmail.
- To share a record with a blocked user, you must first unblock the user (discussed later in the article).
How to block Google Drive users on iPhone and Android
- Open Google drive App.
- Tap 3 dots It is in the upper right corner of the file.
On Mac, right-click on the file.
- Tap Block (email) In the menu.
- Finally, tap block In the confirmation window.
Note: Google may take some time to process a user’s block or unblock request.
Additional Information: When using a drive jobs also school, No one in the domain can be blocked.
How to unblock Google Drive users on iOS and Android devices
- Open Google drive The app on your device.
- Hit you Profile photo It is in the upper right.
- Below this section Manage your Google account..
- Tap when you’re done Share with people..
- When it is in I was blocked..
- strike X icon Next to the name of the person who unblocks.
So you go! This is a way to block and unblock someone in Google Drive on iPhone and Android. Currently there is no direct way to block that person from a single document, but I hope this feature will be introduced soon.
What do you think about this feature? Share your thoughts in the comments below.